It’s time to band together because the long awaited MagicBand+ is debuting July 27, 2022 at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida!
The original MagicBand was introduced in 2013 at Walt Disney World, making the guest experience in both the theme parks and resorts more convenient and hands-free for things like park and guest room entry, retail and dining, Disney PhotoPass and more. MagicBand+ will retain those popular features and add functionality that unlocks new moments of magic for you.
At Walt Disney World, MagicBand+ can do everything a MagicBand can do and more – from entering the theme parks with a tap* and connecting your Disney PhotoPass memories, to unlocking your Disney Resort hotel room and more.
But, Disney’s newest wearable also has great new features, including color-changing lights, haptic vibrations, and gesture recognition – plus it pairs to your smartphone using the My Disney Experience app. Once you get your hands on one, you’ll want to do it all – and there’s a lot you can do with MagicBand+!
Before you head out on these exciting new experiences, you’ll want to pick out the perfect MagicBand+ from an incredible lineup of more than 25 designs.
As part of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration, you can interact with the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection throughout all four theme parks with the “Disney Fab 50 Quest.” Help Tinker Bell bring the sculptures to life across all four Walt Disney World theme parks using virtual pixie dust from Tink.
Jodi Benson, who you may know as the voice of Ariel in “The Little Mermaid,” recently embarked on the quest and caught up with a few familiar friends – Sebastian and Flounder!
Sebastian and Flounder are just a few characters you may meet on your quest!
You can wave your hand to sprinkle virtual pixie dust at each Disney Fab 50 Character sculpture for different reactions! To unlock even more during your quest, use the Play Disney Parks app to collect the sculptures and enter the worlds of your favorite characters through an augmented reality feature.**
Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters
On Batuu, the bounty hunting business is booming. MagicBand+ will be your guide to seeking numerous virtual bounties hidden across Black Spire Outpost with the Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters experience. Vibrations and lights on MagicBand+ guide you down the right path. When you find your Bounty, you can use the Play Disney Parks app’s augmented reality thermal viewer to reveal who’s hiding in the shadows.** Local guild master Raga Bua will reward you with galactic credits. Do you have what it takes to join the guild?
MagicBand+ brings the magic of Disney nighttime spectaculars closer than ever before during “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park and “Harmonious” at EPCOT! MagicBand+ complements the magic in the skies, lighting up and vibrating in sync with fireworks, visual effects, and music. Your MagicBand+ will also engage as all four theme park icons transform into Beacons of Magic!
Tip: Before you embark on these experiences, make sure your MagicBand+ is charged, up to date and paired to your device.
If you’re planning to get one or even collect some, don’t forget that Disney Resort hotel guests may purchase MagicBand+ online at special prices before their arrival ($10 discount). Currently, MagicBand orders will ship within 10 business days of purchase, unless noted otherwise. Once your order has shipped, you will receive confirmation in your My Disney Experience account.
All guests can buy MagicBand+ at select stores across Walt Disney World and online at shopDisney, starting at $34.99 for solid colors and $44.99 for designs.
At Walt Disney World, you can purchase a MagicBand+ at the following locations:
Magic Kingdom Park: Emporium
EPCOT: Pin Traders – Camera Center
Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Celebrity 5 & 10 and Tatooine Traders
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Discovery Trading Company
Disney Springs: Disney’s Pin Traders
Select merchandise locations at Disney Resort hotels
Although features and experiences across Disney Parks will vary, Disneyland Resort guests will be able to get in on the MagicBand+ fun later this year. Stay tuned for more updates on the exciting future for MagicBand+ at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts!
Current MagicBands will continue to be available, too, along with the complimentary Disney MagicMobile service that extends MagicBand features, such as park entry, to smart devices.
*With valid admission and park reservation
**To use the Play Disney Parks mobile app to enhance the MagicBand+ experience, guests must be logged into the Play Disney Parks app with the Disney account linked with their MagicBand+.
This post contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission for purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting our small business!
Are you planning an Orlando vacation and looking for a little extra fun in your hotel accommodations? Don’t miss the ten best themed hotel rooms in Orlando! With incredible rooms available at both the Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando Resort in addition to Legoland Florida Resort, there are accommodations to fit every style and budget.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
You’ll be surrounded in the artistry, enchantment and magic of Disney and Pixar movies when you stay at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. This Disney Resort hotel invites you to explore the storybook landscapes seen in such classics as Finding Nemo, Cars, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid. From delightfully themed family suites to wondrously detailed courtyards, Disney’s Art of Animation “draws” you and your family in to become a part of some of your animated favorites.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is a value resort so they offer some of the most affordable accommodations at the Walt Disney World Resort. Some of the other benefits of this resort include the Disney Skyliner, the new gondola system offering a bird’s-eye view as it whisks you and your family away to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, in addition to the largest resort pool in Walt Disney World Resort.
Finding Nemo Family Suites
Venture into the “Big Blue” in the Finding Nemo section of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. You can hang ten with Crush or just keep swimming with Dory. Most centrally located at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, the Finding Nemo family suites can accommodate up to six guests through a bedroom with one queen-size bed; one double-size convertible TableBed; one double-size sleeper sofa; living room; 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette.
Cars Family Suites
Venture into Radiator Springs with life size models of Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater and more friends from the Disney-Pixar “Cars” franchise. The Cars family suites can accommodate up to six guests through a bedroom with one queen-size bed; one double-size convertible TableBed; one double-size sleeper sofa; living room; 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette.
Lion King Family Suites
Explore Pride Rock and remember “Hakuna Matata” means “no worries” in the Lion King section of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. The Lion King family suites can accommodate up to six guests through a bedroom with one queen-size bed; one double-size convertible TableBed; one double-size sleeper sofa; living room; 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette.
Little Mermaid Standard Rooms
You’ll feel like you’ve gone under the sea in the Little Mermaid section of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. The Little Mermaid standard rooms can sleep up to four guests in either two queen beds or one king bed.
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort- Riverside
Your little princes and princesses will truly feel like royalty in the royal guest rooms at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort- Riverside. These rooms feature fun regal touches from Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and Tiana’s princess pals, including a special fireworks display headboard, Aladdin’s magic carpet, and golden bathroom fixtures. Royal guest rooms can sleep up to four guests with two queen beds.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Are you ready to put on your supersuit and feel like a superhero with “The Incredibles?” The rooms at Disney’s Contemporary Resort were recently refurbished to include a new “Incredibles” theme. These rooms blend a sleek Monorail motif with some of our favorite characters from Pixar Animation Studios’ Incredibles films, including Jack-Jack, Frozone and Edna Mode. The custom artwork you’ll find in guest rooms and along guest corridors is modern, futuristic and oh so stylish, dahling, complementing the resort’s architecture while putting the Supers’ powers on display.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Can you feel that Pacific breeze blowing? That’s because we just stepped into one of the newly refurbished Moana themed rooms at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort! These reimagined spaces feature a new color palette inspired by the Pacific Ocean and its many islands, including details, patterns and textures from the hit Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Moana” – look closely and you might even spot some characters from the story! You’ll also see all-new furnishings and fixtures in these rooms. In the bathrooms, for example, Disney Imagineers took inspiration from the sandy ocean floor for the tiles and carved details in the vanity. The colorful patterns found throughout the room bring a whole new energy to the space, evoking undulating ocean waves and tropical flowers.
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
Your kids will love sleeping and playing among the dinosaurs in the Jurassic Kids Suite at Loews Royal Pacific Resort. There’s plenty of space for up to 5 guests in this 670-square-foot 2-bedroom suite featuring a standard king bedroom for two adults, plus a separate connecting room for the kids.
When your kids lay down in bed, they’ll feel as if they’ve stepped right into their very own gyrosphere ride, maneuvering through the jungle terrain. The kids’ room only opens into the adults’ room, connected via a door modeled after the dinosaur enclosure that can be opened or closed to contain your little wild things. Of course, the kids aren’t the only ones who can get in on the fun of the Jurassic World™ themed rooms. Mom and dad can have a little privacy in the master bedroom.
Plus, at this tranquil South Seas retreat, you can leave the rest of the world behind and unwind with all the benefits of being a Universal Orlando hotel guest, including free Universal Express Unlimited to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure (valid theme park admission required).
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Despicable Me Kids’ Suites at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel offer the children a place their own space to play and unwind while parents relax in a beautiful master bedroom. Your children will love the view and the appointments in these minions themed suites. These suites can sleep up to five guests with a rollaway (king bed in one room and two twin beds in the other) with 650 square feet of space.
Guests of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel also enjoy exclusive Universal Orlando Resort benefits, including free Universal Express Unlimited to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure (valid theme park admission required).
Pirate Island Hotel at Legoland Florida Resort
Ahoy Mateys! You can vacation like a pirate at the LEGOLAND Pirate Island Hotel, situated just 130 kid-steps from the LEGOLAND Park front gates in Florida! This hotel will transform your family vacation into a unique pirate adventure with immersive themed rooms, a resort pool, and a boat-load of interactive activities and live entertainment for the young bucs (and ol’ sea dogs) to experience during their stay.
Some of our favorite features include a welcome treasure hunt with a LEGO prize, LEGO bricks to build with during your stay, nightly pirate entertainment and so much more. Arrgh… you ready?!
Are you ready to book one of these themed hotel rooms in Orlando? Call Siera today at (734) 771-1290 or email her at email@example.com to check pricing and availability on the room of your choice.
Plus, when you book your 2023 Disney World vacation package with me, you’ll always receive my world famous services including:
Discount Watching (to make sure you get the best deal possible, even after you are booked)
MousePerks (weekly tips and tricks to help you get excited about and prepare for your vacation)
VIP Dining Services (recommendations based on your preferences)
Exclusive Facebook Group with tips and updates added daily
Autographed Picture of Mickey Mouse (mailed within 30 days of travel)
Autographed Letter from Mickey Mouse (mailed within 30 days of travel)
Disney Parks Growth Chart (mailed within 30 days of travel)
Personalized recommendations based on your plans and interests
Always available to assist you with questions, planning and more
Here’s a little more information on the Walt Disney World resort hotels and theme park tickets to help you plan the best 2023 Disney World vacation for your family. We are still awaiting the return of Disney dining plans, but they can be added to existing reservations when they become available again.
Please note that your check in date cannot be more than 500 days in the future. We can currently book through Saturday, October 21, 2023. If you are planning to travel later in 2023, please let me know and we can figure out exactly when your booking window will open.
Book your vacation package with just a $200 deposit
Remaining balance is due 30 days prior to arrival
Change or cancel without penalty up to 30 days prior to arrival
Travel protection is available for $82.50 per adult and $6 per child, must be paid in full at the time of purchase and is non-refundable
Memory Maker can be added for a discounted price of $169 up to 3 days prior to arrival
Theme park reservations are required to guarantee admission into the park of your choice each day
5 Reasons to Book Your 2023 Disney World Vacation TODAY
You only need a $200 deposit to book your vacation package.
The sooner that you book, the more time that you have to save to pay off your vacation.
As soon as you have booked, you can make your park reservations to guarantee admission into the park of your choice each day.
The earlier that you book, the better availability will be as far as room categories. The most economical categories and best views book quickly!
If you book by the end of the month, you will receive a FREE pair of Mickey ears for each child (under 10) in your room.
As an exclusive gift for my guests, each child in your family will receive a FREE pair of Mickey ears as my gift to you when you book a qualifying* 2023 Disney World vacation package by June 30, 2022.
* Vacation package must include a minimum three night hotel stay with three or more days of theme park tickets to qualify.
It’s always an exciting time to plan a visit to the most magical place on Earth! But, 2022 is looking like an extra magical year at the Walt Disney World Resort! Today, we are sharing 22 reasons why you should plan to visit Disney World in 2022!
1. The World’s Most Magical Celebration
The World’s Most Magical Celebration, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort, began October 1, 2021 and will continue for 18 months so you can enjoy this celebration throughout all of 2022!
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are hosting “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” while decked out in sparkling new EARidescent fashions. Donald Duck and Daisy Duck, Goofy and Pluto, and Chip ‘n’ Dale are also sporting their own custom-made EARidescent looks. You can see them when they travel through Magic Kingdom Park several times daily in the new “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade.”
These eight friends are even featured in special golden character sculptures at Magic Kingdom Park. There are 50 characters total in this series of sculptures that are displayed across all four theme parks.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration” features icons at each of the four parks transforming into Beacons of Magic at night, exclusive merchandise, new food and beverage offerings and even an update look for the iconic Cinderella Castle.
2. Typhoon Lagoon is Now Open
Surf’s up! Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park is open once again for guests to experience their favorite thrilling water attractions and tropical family fun. You can build your own tropical flavor DOLE Whip combinations at Snack Shack, body surf in America’s largest outdoor wave pool, plunge down Humunga Kowabunga, relax in Castaway Creek, and take a journey with friends and family down Miss Adventure Falls.
Whether it’s the topsy-turvy architecture, storm-strewn treasures scattered around the park, or the stranded ship, Missy Tilly’s, perched upon the summit of Mount Mayday, each detail immerses guests into the magical legend of Typhoon Lagoon every time they visit the park.
3. New Nighttime Spectaculars at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT
“Disney Enchantment,” the new nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park, will take you on a journey filled with adventure, wonder and empowerment. Inspiring everyone to believe in magic, “Disney Enchantment” features music, enhanced lighting, stunning fireworks and, for the first time, immersive projection effects that extend from Cinderella Castle down Main Street, U.S.A.
“Harmonious,” at EPCOT, is one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney park. This new show brings the globe together at World Showcase Lagoon in a celebration of Disney music that inspires people worldwide. It’s a grand, powerful tribute to the stories and songs that unite us, embracing new technical magic that incorporates pyrotechnics, choreographed moving fountains, lighting and media in new ways. “Harmonious” will invite you to travel the globe through new interpretations of classic Disney songs as you’ve never heard them before, reimagined in more than a dozen languages by a diverse group of 240 artists from around the world.
4. Character Meet and Greets Are BACK!
You can once again have individualized time with some of your favorite Disney characters, by getting to visit with them in a themed location and snap a photo or two. You will find the Disney Princesses at Princess Fairytale Hall in Magic Kingdom Park, Minnie Mouse at Red Carpet Dreams and the stars of Disney Junior in Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And, when you stop in to see Mickey Mouse backstage at Town Square Theater on Main Street, U.S.A., he’ll be sporting his all-new EARidescent look designed just for the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Celebration!
5. Select Behind the Scenes Tours Returning February 6, 2022
For those of you with a love of animals, adventure and the outdoors – and those seeking to discover how Walt Disney’s vision, innovation and creativity brought Magic Kingdom Park to life – things are about to get a lot more exciting with the return of some fan-favorite tours from the Enchanting Extras Collection!
Guests who want to get even closer to the magic of nature and Disney now can book one of the following tours returning beginning Feb. 6, 2022:
Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom
Caring for Giants
Wild Africa Trek
Up Close with Rhinos
Savor the Savanna
6. Disney Genie Service
Available for all guests right in the My Disney Experience app, the new complimentary Disney Genie service offers new features that let you create your best Disney day. These features include a personalized itinerary creator that effortlessly and smartly maps out an entire day inspired by the things you love – helping you make the most of your park time so you can have more fun.
Disney Genie puts guests at the center of the experience by prioritizing ways to:
Reduce time in lines while keeping in mind your top picks
Pace your day with experiences you’ll enjoy – and haven’t already done yet
Build around your existing plans like dining reservations and Park Hopper preferences
7. Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts
This annual festival, running January 14 through February 21, 2022, invites you to explore an expansive collection of visual, performance and culinary arts throughout the park. The DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series is also returning for this year’s festival, where you can see some of your favorite entertainers perform Disney songs live at America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase.
During the festival, art lovers of all ages can enjoy inspirational experiences, such as:
Culinary delights from Food Studios around World Showcase
The Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine – a fun food stroll featuring five delicious sweet and savory treats
Chalk artists turning walkways into stunning landscapes and portraits
Photo ops where you can step into famous artwork
A paint-by-number mural
Figment’s Brush with the Masters scavenger hunt
Performance and visual artists
Special festival merchandise
8. Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser to Welcome Guests Beginning March 1, 2022
The inaugural voyage of Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World Resort will depart March, 1, 2022! General bookings for this immersive adventure in a galaxy far, far away are now available.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is a first-of-its-kind vacation experience that goes beyond anything Disney has created before. You’ll become the hero of your own Star Wars story during this two-night adventure, traveling the galaxy in style aboard the Halcyon starcruiser and eventually making your way to the Outer Rim for a planetside excursion to Batuu. You choose how to make your way in the galaxy – maybe as a member of the Resistance, or by learning the ancient ways of the Jedi lightsaber. Maybe you prefer loyalty to the First Order or the excitement of living life like a smuggler? The decisions are up to you.
Gardeners will marvel at thousands of blooms forming colorful, living panoramas all around EPCOT, and the entire family can experience the Health Full Trail presented by AdventHealth along the Imagination walkway to learn tips for staying well.
Fresh flavors are on the menu at the festival’s 18 Outdoor Kitchens as well as other food and beverage locations around EPCOT, offering a fresh selection of springtime fruits, vegetables, desserts and more.
The popular Garden Rocks Concert Series is planned to return, featuring favorite tunes at the America Gardens Theatre.
You’ll also find blooming keepsakes including vibrant apparel, drinkware, accessories and more with new merchandise collections launching just in time for the event.
10. Disney’s All Star Sports Resort Reopens March 31, 2022
Put them in, coach! Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort will welcome Guests back beginning March 31, 2022. The whole family can get in the game at this Walt Disney World Resort hotel that salutes the world of competitive sports, including baseball, basketball, football, surfing and tennis. Go the distance and don’t be afraid to celebrate your inner fan amid sporty décor starring some of your favorite Disney characters.
11. Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyondto Premiere at Animal Kingdom
A reimagined version of “Finding Nemo: The Musical”, based on the same beloved characters, will debut at Theater in the Wild in 2022.
The musical retelling of this underwater tale of family, friendship and kindness will feature new story material, as well as fan favorite songs such as “In the Big Blue World” and “Go with the Flow.” This new show is set in the timeline of the movie “Finding Dory.” When you take a seat in the theater, you’ll find yourself at the Marine Life Institute.
12. Festival of Fantasy Parade Returns to Magic Kingdom
This year will welcome the return of the Disney “Festival of Fantasy” Parade at Magic Kingdom Park. This vibrant and joyous celebration of Fantasyland brings to the streets of Magic Kingdom Park dozens of beloved Disney characters and stories, from the Disney Princess Garden to a carnival of color presided over by none other than Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
13. Adventure Friends Cavalcade
2022 will also introduce a new character cavalcade, the Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade, with an exciting lineup of characters all embarking on a great journey through the park. The Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade will feature the most characters of any cavalcade to date, including Nick and Judy from “Zootopia,” Baloo and King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” José Carioca and Panchito from “The Three Caballeros,” Miguel from “Coco,” plus Merida, Moana, The Incredibles, and so many more!
14. Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire
Live entertainment is returning to the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage with a show newly enhanced for the 50th Anniversary celebration. “Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire” will incorporate favorite scenes from the previous version of the show – with sequences inspired by “Frozen,” “Tangled,” and “The Princess and the Frog” – plus a new opening and a new finale with Mickey Mouse and all his friends in their sparkling, EARidescent fashions. The show will also include an all-new, original song entitled “Where the Magic Feels Like Home.”
15. MagicBand+ to Debut
MagicBand+ will retain popular features of the original MagicBand and add functionality that unlocks new moments of magic for you. After you enter a theme park, MagicBand+ will come alive at various times with color-changing lights, haptic vibrations and gesture recognition. The wearable will allow you to engage with favorite Disney moments in new ways, including:
Play like a bounty hunter in a galaxy far, far away and find virtual bounties throughout Black Spire Outpost in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Experience nighttime spectaculars in a new way as you see your band light up and complement the magic in the skies, including the new “Harmonious” at EPCOT and “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park.
16. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind to Open at EPCOT This Summer
Cue up your mixtape and prepare for something awesome … because it’s about to be save the galaxy time! Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will open at EPCOT this summer. This thrilling new family-friendly coaster matches the “grandosity” and fun of the blockbuster “Guardians of the Galaxy” films in what will be one of the longest fully enclosed coasters in the world.
17. 40th Anniversary of EPCOT
EPCOT will celebrate its 40th anniversary on October 1, 2022! The park has been undergoing an historic transformation and we hope to see more new openings here in 2022, like Journey of Water, inspired by “Moana” where guests will have the opportunity to meet and play with magical, living water. You can also enjoy new dining options like Space 220 and the Creperie while awaiting the opening of a new quick service dining option, Connections Cafe, near the new Creations shop.
18. Fantasmic! Will Return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
“Fantasmic!” will be returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2022. When this incredible spectacular reopens, it will incorporate an all-new sequence featuring more than 50 live performers, massive sets, stunts, stunning special effects, dazzling pyrotechnics, rousing music and more!
19. Disney KiteTails at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
This new show happens several times daily at the Discovery River Theater, near DinoLand U.S.A. As you make your way into the space, you’ll be joined by a team of performers bringing with them a colorful collection of oversized props and kites adorned with Disney animal friends from “The Little Mermaid,” “a bug’s life” and “Finding Nemo.” Original arrangements of favorite Disney tunes fill the air, and the excitement builds toward the launch of an impressive show of kites over the lagoon.
Watercraft zoom into view, pulling with them dynamic kite trains and enormous, three-dimensional kites depicting familiar characters from “The Lion King” or “The Jungle Book.” From one performance to another, you may see Baloo the bear dancing in the sky or Zazu the red-billed hornbill chasing after Simba. These remarkable kites, some as large as 30 feet in length, are inflated by moving through the air, allowing characters like King Louie or Timon and Pumbaa to soar like never before!
20. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT is Now Open
You can see everyone’s favorite “Little Chef” when you ride Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, the newest attraction at EPCOT! In this delicious new attraction, you’ll feel like you’ve shrunk to the size of Chef Remy as you scurry through Gusteau’s famous restaurant on a wild adventure for the whole family (no height requirement!).
21. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is Back at Hollywood Studios
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular has recently restarted daily shows at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This live show, featuring Indy and Marion, allows you to watch as the daring duo dodges deadly traps, battles bad guys, leaps from tall buildings and makes thrilling escapes straight out of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The edge-of-your-seat suspense ends with a dynamite finale!
Along the way, you’ll also get an inside look at how stunts are done in movies with demonstrations that reveal how to safely throw and take punches, fall from tall buildings, and even wield whips in the midst of complex action sequences.
22. Celebrate Animation with Cirque du Soleil’s New Show, Drawn to Life
Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil and Disney, is a new show inside the iconic white theatre at Disney Springs. Drawn to Life is the first theatrical collaboration between three creative icons: Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering.
Drawn to Life celebrates Disney’s extraordinary legacy in the art of animation, from the earliest pencil sketches to the feature films of today. The classic characters and moments from Disney Animation are reinterpreted through Cirque du Soleil’s innovative design, acrobatic performances, dazzling choreography and creative costuming alongside an original score inspired by timeless Disney music.
The magic is calling all Foodies to the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary celebration – The World’s Most Magical Celebration! Throughout all four theme parks and beyond, Disney chefs and mixologists have created more than 150 sips and bites full of color, whimsy, and a touch of EARidescent shimmer – with even more coming throughout the 18-month celebration which kicks off October 1, 2021.
Walt’s personal recipes, Walt Disney World Resort attractions (past and present), beloved Disney Characters, and nostalgic dishes from 1971 were inspirations for the tasty offerings created for this anniversary celebration.
Walt’s palate was relatively simple – definitely a meat and potatoes guy! Roast lamb, roast beef hash topped with a fried egg, chili, and fried chicken were his favorites, along with lemon, apple, chocolate, and bread pudding desserts. Disney chefs looked to Walt’s recipes from the archives while planning for the 50th anniversary celebration. The result is deliciously reimagined versions of Walt’s favorites. And many of the treats (including the fun EARidescent Sip-a-bration) are infused with EARidescent shimmers to add glimmering touches to the celebratory creations.
While you are celebrating the World’s Most Magical Celebration, be sure to share your favorite sips and bites using the hashtag #DisneyWorld50.
Let The World’s Most Magical Celebration begin!
Magic Kingdom Park
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
Uncle Orville Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Sundae – Chocolate and vanilla soft-serve, brownie pieces, hot fudge, and whipped cream topped with red, white, and blue sprinkles served in a “bathtub”
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Squids Revenge Drink – A michelada with a salted rim and garnished with charred octopus and cucumber. Watch out, the giant squid is back!
Pressed Penny Silk Pie – Chocolate tart shell, silky chocolate filling, sweet whipped cream, and a chocolate-pressed penny
50th Celebration Hot Dog – All-beef hot dog topped with strawberry bacon jam, crisp funnel cake pieces, and powdered sugar
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Royal 50th Celebration Flight – Flight of Enchantée Champagne – a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunière (Enchantée Champagne is sold exclusively at the Walt Disney World Resort)
Columbia Harbor House
Happy Haunts Milkshake – Blackberry milkshake topped with a purple chocolate-glazed doughnut covered with black sprinkles
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
Mission to Mars – Burger topped with bacon and macaroni & cheese served on a bun dusted with crushed cheese-flavored puffs
The Crystal Palace
Walt’s Favorites on the Buffet – Chicken fried steak, New York strip steak, pork chops, and more!
The Toad Burger – Brat burger served on a bun with lettuce, tomato, pickle, and American cheese
Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen
Veranda Fried Rice – Spicy chili-garlic shrimp served over pork fried rice with eggs and peas (from the original Verandah Restaurant menu)
Dumbo Churros – Churros rolled in peanut dust and served with chocolate dipping sauce in a Dumbo-themed churro bag
Royal 50th Churro – Churros rolled in strawberry sugar, drizzled with marshmallow cream, and shimmer sprinkles served with chocolate dipping sauce
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
The Banana Boom – Traditional banana split topped with popping candy and a candied shooting star
Cheers to 50 Years! – Chocolate and vanilla ice cream, brownies, cupcakes, cookie crumbles, pretzel rods, and hot fudge topped with whipped cream, EARidescent sugar, and a Mickey pretzel drizzled with caramel and chocolate icing (serves 4-6)
Heigh-Ho Sundae! – Chocolate soft-serve, hot fudge, graham cracker pieces, chocolate gems, and whipped cream
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
Five Alarm Wings – Wings tossed in a sweet-and-spicy heat served with ranch dressing for dipping
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Hand-dipped 50th Celebration Mickey Premium Bar – Our classic Nestlé Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar dipped in blue raspberry-flavored coating with celebration sprinkles and a little bit of pixie dust
Cheese Fries with Walt’s Chili – Crispy fries topped with Walt’s favorite chili and cheddar sauce
Walt’s Favorite Chili on Foot-long Hot Dog – A foot-long hot dog served on a warm bun topped with Walt’s favorite chili and cheddar sauce
50th Celebration Chocolate Gâteaux – Almond praline, white chocolate crémeux, ganache, and chocolate-South African cream liqueur sauce
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Trolley Car Café
Glimmer and Shimmer Pineapple Mousse – Golden pineapple mousse on a toasted coconut crisp with caramel cream and matcha sponge cake
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Filet Mignon with Walt’s Hash topped with an egg (just the way Walt liked it!)
The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, Oasis Canteen, Sunshine Day Bar, Animation Bar
Shimmer over the Moon – Apple pie moonshine, amaretto, falernum, pineapple juice, and club soda served with a souvenir glow cube
Chocolate Mousse – Raspberry-dark chocolate mousse, chocolate-almond cake, and a layer of hazelnut crunch and whipped chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake
Coral Reef Restaurant
Key Lime Tart with toasted meringue, EARidescent shimmer, sprinkles, and chocolate garnish
The EPCOT Experience
EARidescent Croissant Doughnut – Croissant doughnut with blue icing and sprinkles
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Chocolate Mousse Bar – Dark chocolate mousse, caramel cookie pieces, milk chocolate shell, and chocolate shortbread cookie
Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake – Mini chocolate Bundt cake with chocolate ganache, sprinkles, and icing dusted with EARidescent shimmer and chocolate 50th anniversary garnish
50th Celebration Petit Cake – Vanilla chiffon cake with celebration blue mousse, blueberry jam, and lemon curd
50th Celebration Chocolate Bundle:
50th Celebration Ganache Chocolate Bar – Milk chocolate combined with caramel and crispies for a playful crunch
50th Celebration Ganache Square – Celebration cake ganache mixed with sprinkles, enrobed in 65% dark chocolate, and decorated with a shimmering castle design
Chocolate Pigñata – Chocolate shell filled with cajeta mousse, tender cake (infused with whiskey & vanilla), crumble of chipotle bacon, candied orange, and Maria cookies. Yes, there’s a mallet to break your piñata! Serves two.
Sweet Nostalgia Pineapple Upside-Down Cake – Pineapple upside-down cake with caramel glazed with Chantilly cream
Terralina Crafted Italian,
Whimsical White Chocolate Mousse –White chocolate mousse with salted caramel and cotton candy
Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill,
Caramel Banana Chocolate Sphere – Dark chocolate sphere, vanilla pudding, banana caramel compote, gold dust, and chocolate pearls
The Mara, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Chocolate Mousse with a cardamom financier
Contempo Café, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
50th Anniversary Peanut Butter-Banana Pie – Sweet tart shell filled with peanut butter mousse and banana sauce topped with chocolate glaze and chocolate décor
Toledo–Tapas, Steak, and Seafood, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Braised Lamb Shank with olive oil-potato purée, rosemary-roasted garlic gravy, huckleberry jam, and English peas
P&J’s Southern Takeout, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds
Chicken Dinner Cupcake Trio
Fried chicken-apple fritter, apple pie moonshine filling, and vanilla buttercream
Peas and carrots-strawberry moonshine custard, white chocolate frosting, and M&M’S Mini “peas”
Mock mashed potato-SNICKERS mousse cupcake, caramel buttercream, and STARBURST “butter”
Grand Floridan Café, Disney’s Grand Floridan Resort & Spa
50th Anniversary Vintage Minnie’s Brown Betty Profiterole – Crunchy-topped cream puff filled with one of Walt’s favorite flavors of cinnamon-spiced apples and Chantilly cream
Olivia’s Cafe, Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Spam-Cheddar Biscuits with white gravy and drizzled with honey
Capt. Cook’s, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
50th Celebration Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake with DOLE Whip pineapple center, tropical fruit salsa, and pineapple macaron
Le Petit Café, Disney’s Riviera Resort
50th Celebration Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake, cake-flavored mousse, and caramel-buttercream icing garnished with crisp pearls, 50th anniversary sprinkles, and a whimsical gold Mickey
Roaring Fork, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Petit Stump Cake – Chocolate cake with birthday cake buttercream filling surrounded by chocolate “bark” fondant topped with 50th anniversary chocolate coin
The Market at Ale & Compass, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
50th Celebration Tart – Birthday cake mousse dome on top of a milk chocolate mousse-filled vanilla tart shell with mini chocolate crisp pearls, buttercream, fondant, and chocolate décor
Available at select table-service restaurants, lounges, and pool bars throughout all four Theme Parks and Resorts
EARidescent Sip-a-bration (Non-Alcoholic Beverage) – Minute Maid Premium Lemonade and fruity strawberry punch served in a souvenir 50th Celebration Cup with a surprise Character and a little bit of magic!
Magical Beacon Cocktail – Gin, blue curaçao, Minute Maid Premium Lemonade, orgeat (almond) syrup, lemon, hibiscus grenadine, and a souvenir glow cube
The classic Nestle Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar has a festive new wrapper showcasing Mickey in his EARidescent finest!
I am so excited to share with you that you can now book your 2022 Disney World vacation package! According to a survey by the U.S. Travel Association, 97% of respondents said that just having a trip planned made them happier! 2020 certainly wasn’t the year that we expected and there may still be some uncertainty for 2021 so now we can start looking forward to 2022! Today, I am sharing with you four reasons why you should book your 2022 Disney World vacation today!
Book with Just a $200 Deposit
You can book your 2022 Disney World vacation package with just a $200 deposit! With the remaining balance not due until 30 days prior to arrival, you will have plenty of time to save for your vacation. You can make payments towards your remaining balance anytime. We can even help you set up weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payments towards your reservation. You may also find these ways to earn extra money for your Disney vacation helpful!
The earlier that you book, the better the availability will be. Disney has not reopened all Walt Disney World Resort hotels yet so availability is still limited, especially during busier travel times like spring break. Caribbean Beach is also the only moderate resort currently open that can sleep families of five so as you can imagine, these rooms are booking very quickly!
The theme park reservation system has also been extended through 2022 so you can go ahead and reserve your park days as soon as your vacation is booked to ensure that you can visit the park of your choice each day during your visit.
New Attractions and Fun Coming to Disney World
With the 50th anniversary of Disney World in October 2021, there will be a lot of new rides, attractions, and fun in 2022. Although we are still awaiting more details, anniversary celebrations often last a few months to a year so you can celebrate Disney World’s 50th anniversary into 2022! This is the perfect time to come to Disney World with your family!
FREE Gift when you Book by March 1, 2021
Lastly, when you book your 2022 Disney World vacation package with Siera by March 1, 2021, your kids will receive a FREE pair of Mickey ears! Your package must include a minimum three night hotel stay with a three day ticket. Ears will be mailed approximately two weeks before check in.
Here’s a little more information on the Walt Disney World resort hotels and theme park tickets to help you plan the best 2022 Disney World vacation for your family. We are still awaiting the return of Disney dining plans.
Disney’s Value Resorts:
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort (no reopening date)
Disney’s All Star Music Resort (no reopening date)
Disney’s All Star Movies Resort (scheduled to reopen March 22, 2021)
Please note that your check in date cannot be more than 500 days in the future. We can currently book through June 2022. If you are planning to travel later in 2022, please let me know and we can figure out exactly when your booking window will open. Booking a 2022 package does not guarantee theme park availability, and guests will still need to make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2022. Guests should book their park reservations immediately after linking their 2022 vacation package in the My Disney Experience app.
As previously shared, Disney will no longer offer Disney’s Magical Express service for airport transportation, with arrivals Jan. 1, 2022. Complimentary transportation options – such as buses, monorails and Disney Skyliner – will continue to be available within Walt Disney World Resort for Disney Resort hotel guests, including to and from all four theme parks.
Contact Siera today at (734) 771-1290 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your 2022 Disney World vacation!
Happy New Year! Walt Disney World Resort is ready to help you turn the page on 2020 right away and begin 2021 with magic. From new and classic attractions to culinary experiences to character interactions and more, here are 21 reasons to be excited about a visit to The Most Magical Place on Earth in 2021:
2. Gaze Upon the Reimagined Entrance Fountain at EPCOT – The new water feature in front of Spaceship Earth hearkens back to the park’s origins and highlights a greener, more open and welcoming experience as you enter the park. The fountain is the most recent milestone in the historic transformation of EPCOT now underway.
3. Step Inside the Cartoon World of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Go through the movie screen as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Engineer Goofy and Pluto take you on a trip through Runnamuck Park … where anything can happen!
6. Experience Classic Attractions at Magic Kingdom Park – Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, The Haunted Mansion, “it’s a small world,” Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain … the new year is a great time for you to reconnect with these classics loved by millions the world over.
7. Watch for New Residents on the Harambe Wildlife Reserve at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park – Nigerian dwarf goats now play like kids at the warden’s outpost near the end of Kilimanjaro Safaris.
8. Bask in the Cuteness of Baby Animals – In addition to the Nigerian dwarf goats, you may catch a glimpse of some of the animals born in 2020 at Walt Disney World while at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Aboard Kilimanjaro Safaris, for example, you may spot young Masai giraffe now out on the savanna.
9. Celebrate the Magic of Nature in Pandora – The World of Avatar – At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, travel to the Valley of Mo’ara to hike among the floating mountains of Pandora and experience two awe-inspiring attractions: Avatar Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey.
10. Find Disney Characters in New Places – From cavalcades to caravans to flotillas and even special “pop-up” appearances, you can discover favorite friends at all four theme parks and the occasional special surprise at Disney Resort hotels.
11. Hop from Park to Park – As of January 1, 2021, guests who purchase a ticket or annual pass with Park Hopper benefits can once again visit more than one park per day (with some new modifications).
12. Indulge in Sweet New Treats at Disney Springs – When visiting the shopping, dining and entertainment district of Walt Disney World, you have plenty of new options to satisfy your sweet tooth, including newly opened Gideon’s Bakehouse and the forthcoming M&M’S store and Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew.
13. 50th Anniversary Celebration – Although Disney hasn’t released any specific details as to what we can expect for this very special occasion, the Walt Disney World Resort will celebrate its 50th anniversary on October 1, 2021.
14. Return to Favorite Disney Restaurants – As part of the phased reopening of Walt Disney World, restaurants continue to return to operation across The Most Magical Place on Earth. Recent reopenings include The Crystal Palace inside Magic Kingdom and the character breakfast at Chef Mickey’s inside Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
15. Make Some Time to Relax Outdoors – Central Florida weather is often gorgeous in the early months of the year, and Walt Disney World offers special ways to enjoy some outdoor recreation, including golf and miniature golf, fishing expeditions, horseback riding and more.
16. Buzz Through the Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, Blooming in March – Beginning March 3, you’ll find fresh cuisine, creative gardens and unforgettable topiaries as part of this annual festival.
17. Soak Up the Sun at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park – After remaining closed for all of 2020 due to the pandemic, this wintry-themed water park is planning to reopen in March and celebrate its 25th season in splashy style.
18. Look for Some Fresh Pixie Dust at the Entrances to Walt Disney World – Make some new memories as you pass these iconic gateways to The Most Magical Place on Earth, which are receiving a refreshed color palette complementing the recent Cinderella Castle makeover.
19. Add Extra Theme Park Magic to Vacations – Available to book beginning Jan. 5, 2021, guests buying non-discounted four-night/three-day room and ticket packages at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights Jan. 8, 2021, through Sept. 25, 2021, will receive an additional two days of theme park tickets.
20. Florida Residents Can Take Advantage of a Special Ticket Offer – Beginning Jan. 4, 2021, the four-day Florida Resident Discover Disney Ticket invites Floridians to visit any of the four Disney parks through June 18, 2021 (subject to blockout dates), for $199 (plus tax).
21. Get Excited for Even More Magic Later this Year – Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, the new family-friendly attraction coming to the France pavilion in EPCOT, will debut in 2021. And the new Cirque du Soleil show “Drawn to Life,” coming to Disney Springs, will be a collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering.
Be sure to follow @spreadingmagic on social media for more details about these experiences and other excitement happening around Walt Disney World in the future!
As a reminder, Walt Disney World continues to operate with enhanced health and safety policies so everyone can enjoy the magic responsibly. To manage attendance, guests are required to have valid theme park admission and make a park reservation for each day of their visit through the Disney Park Pass system. Please visit Disneyworld.com/Updates for more information.
Are you planning to visit Walt Disney World in 2021?
Walt Disney World Resort began its phased re-opening on July 11, 2020. I had the opportunity to spend eight days in the theme parks and at Disney’s Pop Century Resort at the end of July and would love to share my experience during Disney World’s phased reopening this summer.
Overall, I had a magical time in the parks and at my hotel. We were able to see a number of Disney characters, experience all of the attractions we wanted to (many multiple times) thanks to short lines, and even enjoy a character dining experience. The Disney magic is still alive and well and waiting to welcome you back at the Walt Disney World Resort. I even discussed my experience during Disney World’s phased reopening on The Budget Mouse podcast. Be sure to listen for all the details!
Disney is taking guest (and cast member) safety very seriously.
All guests make pass a temperature screening to enter the theme parks and wear a face covering throughout their visit. Face masks are only able to be removed while actively eating or drinking AND stationary. You are no longer able to stroll the parks with a drink in hand without your face covering.
Social distancing is being practiced everywhere, from the resort lobby to attraction queues and even Disney transportation. Disney buses now accommodate five to six families with barriers installed and select seats marked as unavailable. Dividers have been installed in the monorail, as well. There are ground markers at every attraction queue to keep at least (and sometime more) six feet between parties. At certain points of the queue where guests would be on one side of you or the other, plexiglass barriers have been installed.
They have added hand sanitizer machines throughout the parks and resorts. It is readily available and encouraged both before and after experiencing attractions.
I personally felt very safe traveling during Disney World’s phased reopening with my three year old and eight year old due to all of these safety precautions.
One thing that many guests seem to be very concerned about (and understandably so) is characters. Disney is not allowing guests to hug characters right now, but we still found plenty of opportunities to see and even interact with them.
All four parks are offering character cavalcades that actually feel like a short, mini parade. You can find Mickey and friends at all four parks and a variety of other characters throughout the parks. Guests can even personally interact with many of these characters. For example, Anastasia and Drizella are often standing on Cinderella Castle with microphones to talk to guests. We also found Buzz Lightyear, Joy from Inside Out, Gaston, Winnie the Pooh, and Alice in Wonderland among others. You can stop for a picture and even talk to these characters.
Disney is currently offering two character dining experiences. You can enjoy breakfast at Topolino’s Terrace at Disney’s Riviera Resort or lunch or dinner at Garden Grill at Epcot. These are also the only opportunity to take a picture with the characters with your mask on. The characters just have to keep their distance.
Five Tips for Visiting During Disney World’s Phased Reopening
Take Advantage of Mobile Order Whenever Possible: This single tip will save you so much time during your visit. Mobile order is available at the resort food courts and (open) quick service locations in the theme parks. You can order your meals in your My Disney Experience app and simply arrive to pick up your food when it is ready.
Prepare for Bag Check: Bag check has changed, but for the better! It is so much faster and easier now! However, you can be prepared by removing any large metal objects from your bag like an umbrella or sunglass case as you prepare to enter the park.
Pack Multiple Masks: You’ll probably get hot and sweaty throughout the day so if you have an extra mask in your park bag, you can change it out for a fresh mask. Masks are also available for purchase throughout the theme parks and hotels.
Practice Wearing Masks at Home with Kids: Your kids may not have had to wear a mask very much at home, if at all. I would recommend practicing with them at home so that they have an idea of what to expect. They can also start getting used to the mask so it won’t be as bothersome during your visit.
We’d love to help you plan a magical and memorable Disney World vacation this year. Plus, we have a special offer when you book your 2020 Disney World vacation package with us! When you book a minimum three night stay with a three day ticket, you’ll receive a 2020 Walt Disney World Resort photo album ($24.99 value)!
2. Enjoy Disney After Hours Events at Magic Kingdom Park & Disney’s Animal Kingdom– Disney After Hours events allow guests to explore a theme park at night with little wait times for many favorite attractions and character greetings. (Select snacks are also included). Tickets to 2020 Disney After Hours event nights are already on sale.
3. Immerse Yourself in the Arts at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts – The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will return to the park Jan. 17-Feb. 24. Get ready to explore a variety of galleries, watch live art demonstrations, purchase artwork and get it signed by the artist, or take in a live performance in the festival’s Disney on Broadway Concert Series.
4. See Epcot’s New Films – New films will debut at Epcot on Jan. 17. “Awesome Planet” in The Land pavilion showcases the Earth’s beauty and diversity in a 10-minute film featuring spectacular imagery, in-theater effects and an original musical score from Academy Award-winning composer Steven Price. “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” in the Canada pavilion is an update to the previous “O Canada!” film with new scenes, a new musical score by Canadian composer Andrew Lockington and new narration by award-winning actors Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy. Sing Along to “Beauty and the Beast” in the France Pavilion – The “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” will debut in the France pavilion Jan. 17. Directed and produced by Don Hahn, producer of the animated and live-action “Beauty and the Beast” films, the show invites you to participate in a twist on a tale as old as time. It features narration from Angela Lansbury, who played Mrs. Potts in the original film.
5. Celebrate Your Villainous Side at Disney Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park – Disney Villains After Hours which returns to the Magic Kingdom Park on 24 select nights starting Feb. 7. This year, the event will feature a new Villains Caravan that will feature favorite baddies like Gaston, Oogie Boogie, Cruella de Vil, Captain Hook and more!
6. Grab Barbecue at Regal Eagle Smokehouse at Epcot – One of the first restaurants set to open in 2020 is Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue a fast-casual barbecue experience at The American Adventure. Expect sliced Texas beef brisket sandwiches, Kansas City smoked chicken, Memphis dry-rub pork ribs, North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt, power green salads and more.
7. Journey to Space 220 for ‘Out of this World’ Cuisine – Set to open this winter, Space 220 restaurant will offer a one-of-a-kind dining experience. You’ll board a special elevator for a journey 220 miles above Earth to a space station where you’ll enjoy fantastic meals and drinks while taking in views that are truly out of this world.
8. Cool Down with Ample Hills Creamery Sweet Treats – At Disney Springs you’ll soon be able to tempt your taste buds with flavors like Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Peppermint Pattie and Nonna D’s Oatmeal Lace when Ample Hills Creamery opens this winter.
9. Grab Grub at City Works Eatery & Pour House at Disney Springs – City Works Eatery & Pour House is set to open on the West Side of Disney Springs this winter. The restaurant and bar, offeing more than 80 beers on tap, will feature plenty of high-def TVs including a 165-inch screen, perfect for viewing live sporting events.
10. Take in the Topiaries During Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – Welcome spring’s arrival with this popular festival, which runs March 4-June 1. This year’s event will feature delectable bites at outdoor kitchens, as well as dozens of world-renowned, Disney-themed topiaries. In addition, the Garden Rocks Concert Series will include three shows a day for all 90 days of the event.
11. Hop Aboard Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, set to open March 4 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, will be the first Disney ride-through attraction featuring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. Here, you will travel inside a Mickey cartoon for a fun-filled adventure where “Mouse rules apply” and anything can happen!
12. Step Into the Mickey Shorts Theater– A new Mickey Mouse-inspired theater will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in March. Stop in to watch an original cartoon short and enjoy special photo opportunities.
14. Embark on Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at Epcot – Set to open in Summer 2020 in the France Pavilion at Epcot, the Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction will invite you to join Chef Remy on a super-sized journey through Gusteau’s kitchen.
15. Savor a Sweet Treat at La Creperie de Paris in Epcot – La Crêperie de Paris, offering both table- and quick-service options, opens this summer. The menu from celebrity chef Jérôme Bocuse is inspired by the Brittany region of France.
18. Gather for ‘Harmonious’ at Epcot – In 2020, Epcot is on track to debut the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park. It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over, carrying you away harmoniously on a stream of familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe. The show will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more.
19. Lasso Some Grub at Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Roundup Rodeo BBQ, a new table-service location, is riding into Toy Story Land in 2020. This immersive restaurant will surround guests with a kaleidoscope of toys, games, and playsets while serving up delicious dishes.
20. Celebrate many milestones at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park – It’s the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and the 25th anniversary of the Disney Conservation Fund. Plus, our gorilla family will be celebrating Lilly’s 10th birthday and Grace’s 1st birthday this spring!
Which attraction or offering are you most excited to experience at Walt Disney World Resort in 2020? Tell us in the comments section below!
Have you ever wanted to go backstage to see just how the magic is brought to life here at Walt Disney World Resort? On the Walt Disney World Resort Backstage Magic Tour, you can do just that, and enjoy a one-of-a-kind VIP look at the inner workings on an amazing 7-hour journey through The Most Magical Place on Earth.
Here are the top four experiences that you’ll enjoy on the Backstage Magic tour:
(Photo: Disney Parks Blog)
1. Peek behind the curtains at The American Adventure, where you’ll learn how engineering and artistry come together to create this truly historic show.
2. Unravel the secrets behind creating the dazzling costumes for Disney Characters, as well as show and parade performers, at Walt Disney World Resort’s own Creative Costuming department.
(Photo: Disney Parks Blog)
3. From the smallest details to the most ornate sets, get an up-close look at the unparalleled talent and craftsmanship at work in the Walt Disney World Central Shops.
4. Last, but definitely not least, you can navigate the legendary underground tunnels or “utilidors” used by Cast Members located beneath Magic Kingdom Park.
Which of these behind-the-scenes tours are you most excited to experience?
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Contact Siera today at email@example.com or at 734-771-1290 for more information or your free, no obligation quote.