Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Many families plan a day off from the parks during a Disney World vacation to let the kids rest and relax. There are lots of great activities that you can enjoy like shopping at Disney Springs, horseback riding at Fort Wilderness, carriage rides through Port Orleans, and swimming at your hotel’s pool. With so many resorts to choose from, you may be wondering which Walt Disney World Resorts offer the best pools. Here is our list of our five favorite Disney World pools.
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Beach & Yacht Club Resorts: Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort have the best pool at the Walt Disney World Resort. They share Stormalong Bay, a three acre “water wonderland.” Stormalong Bay features a lazy river, a pirate ship water slide (one of the tallest water slides at Disney, by the way), a sand-bottomed pool, beach area for the kids to build sand castles, and so much more. The whole family will love splashing and playing at Stormalong Bay.
- The Lava Pool at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: The Lava Pool will let you feel like you’ve traveled to Hawaii for the day. Relax under the waterfall while the kids slide down the volcano themed water slide or play on the new tiki-themed water playscape that was built just for them. Plus, the Lava Pool offers a great view of Magic Kingdom’s nighttime fireworks spectacular, Happily Ever After!
- The Big Blue Pool at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort features the largest non-waterpark pool at Disney World, the Big Blue Pool! Your kids will love the Finding Nemo theme of the Big Blue Pool, complete with its own underwater soundtrack with voices of their favorite characters from the movie. There’s also a splash pad and zero depth entry in the main pool, making it a great choice for families with little ones on a budget.
- Fuentes del Morro Pool at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: The Fuentes del Morro pool at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is a pirate’s paradise centered around an old Spanish fortress. Swashbucklers of all ages will love the two water slides, water cannons, and zero depth entry pool while the littlest pirates can splash and play at the shipwreck themed water play area full of mini water slides, crow’s nest, and tipping bucket.
- The Dig Site at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort: The Dig Site at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is home to The Lost City of Cibola Pool and waterslide. The complex is centered around a 50 foot pyramid, resembling ancient Mayan ruins, with water rushing down the steps. You’ll also find the largest outdoor hot tub at Disney World here, with room for up to 22 guests!
What are your favorite Disney World pools? Be sure to let us know in the comments!
Thinking about a Disney World vacation? Call Siera at 734-771-1290 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org today for help planning your Disney World vacation at no cost to you!