Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
I am always so impressed with parents who can keep the secret while planning a surprise Disney vacation. Have you ever wanted to surprise your kids with a Disney World vacation, but just unsure the best way to do it? Whether it’s a first visit or a special celebration, it can be a lot of fun to plan a surprise Disney vacation. Here are ten different ways to give your kids a surprise Disney vacation!
1. Scavenger Hunt: You can hide clues throughout your home where they will eventually find the last clue revealing the big trip. You can even have them pick up small gifts at each stop to compile at the end. Some of the earlier clues can be more generic like sunglasses, new luggage, hats, and swim suits.
2. Gift Basket: You can give your children new luggage, backpacks, and other goodies that will be useful during your vacation. Some of the “essentials” include an autograph book, Mickey ears, Mickey drawstring bags, glow sticks, plush, and water bottles. You can even find a pre-made box here.
3. Disney-inspired Dinner: You can make an entire meal based on your favorite Disney movie. Disney Family has A TON of recipes to help you create the perfect menu for your big reveal. We always love Mickey waffles as a quick and easy meal. You can make mini Mickey waffles or classic Mickey waffles.
4. Book: There are some great planning and Disney inspired books that you can give your family. These are great if you’re going to reveal the big surprise a while before you leave. You can get everyone involved in the planning process this way. Some of our favorites include Birnbaum’s Official Vacation Guide, Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World for Kids, the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, the Hidden Mickeys of Walt Disney World and Disney World’s Hidden Mickeys.
5. Letter from Mickey: You can make a letter from Mickey Mouse for your kids letting them know that you’ll be coming to visit. Or, if you book your Disney World vacation with us, we will send your family a letter from Mickey Mouse in addition to an autographed picture to help with your surprise.
6. Custom Shirts: You can reveal your surprise Disney vacation with new shirts! If you are crafty, there is plenty of inspiration on Pinterest or you can always order some from Etsy or Amazon.
7. Character Call: If you are sailing on a Disney cruise, you can schedule a FREE call prior to your sailing from Mickey, Goofy, or Mickey and Minnie together. This can be a great way to tell the kids about your cruise!
8. Surprise at the Airport: If your kids aren’t big enough to read, you may be able to make it all the way to the airport before having to reveal the big surprise. Imagine the look on their faces as you pull up and they see all of the airplanes coming in and out!
9. A Box Full of Balloons, Characters, and More: If you can get a big cardboard box, fill it with Disney inspired goodies like balloons, plush, confetti, and more. Your kids will love unwrapping it and opening it to find surprises with clues revealing your vacation.
10. Puzzle: You can make your own puzzle at home or order one from Shutterfly to reveal your special message telling your family about their surprise Disney vacation. You can also find a beautiful wooden puzzle for a Disney World vacation or a Disney Cruise Line vacation.
Have you ever revealed a surprise Disney vacation? Share your experience below!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, we may earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting our small business!