Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
There are always exciting events and activities happening at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, from new attractions to annual festivals. There is a great combination of new and exciting events planned for this summer! Here are the top 5 reasons to visit Disney World in summer 2014:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: The crown jewel of New Fantasyland is finally open! This new family coaster brings the story of Snow White to life unlike ever before. The coaster is using new technology which allows each mine car to swing freely on the track.
- Festival of Fantasy Parade: Magic Kingdom debuted a brand new parade earlier this spring. This spectacular parade celebrates many beloved Disney classics such as The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, and of course, the latest hit, Frozen. You will enjoy new music, costumes, and floats!
- Festival of the Lion King: The Festival of the Lion King has finally moved into its new home, Harambe Theatre, inside Disney’s Animal Kingdom. To celebrate the new location, Disney is hosting Harambe Nights, a special event on Saturday nights this summer where you can hear a celebrity narrator tell the story of The Lion King.
- Frozen Summer Fun: Disney’s Hollywood Studios is getting even cooler this summer with a whole new set of experiences inspired by Frozen. You can see Anna and Elsa in a royal processional, sing a long with your favorite tunes, dance the night away, enjoy fireworks, and so much more!
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series: You can enjoy the Sounds Like Summer concert series at Epcot through July 26. These concerts are included with regular theme park admission and feature a variety of tribute bands.
Bonus: A unique new retail concept at Downtown Disney, Marketplace Coop, just opened as well which is comprised of six boutiques and lots of great souvenirs!
There is also a special villains event at Hollywood Studios on August 23. This is a special event ticket, but will feature Disney characters you can’t see anywhere else!
It’s not too late to plan your Disney World vacation this summer! Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page! If you book your summer vacation by July 9, your kids will receive a free pair of Mickey ears!
Siera is a Disney travel specialist. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.