Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Harambe Nights, a new special event that celebrates the story of “The Lion King,” made its debut at Disney’s Animal Kingdom earlier this month. This amazing celebration “stretches Disney entertainment and dining to new heights.”
Harambe Nights features a 55-minute theatrical extravaganza called “The Lion King Concert in the Wild,” which includes a celebrity narrator, a live orchestra and choir, and special effects that together present the story of Simba like never before. The event also offers a welcome reception and a post-show street party, complete with musicians and a buffet of culinary creations to keep the party going through the evening.
Harambe Nights continues every Saturday evening from 7 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. through August 9, 2014. Each nights, a celebrity narrator joins the villagers of Harambe for their performance of “The Lion King- Concert in the Wild.” The following celebrity narrators from film, TV, and Broadway are scheduled to appear include:
- June 21 – Montego Glover: “The Following,” “Memphis”
- June 28 – David Alan Grier: “Porgy & Bess,” “In Living Color”
- July 5 – Michael Beach: “ER,” “Third Watch,” “Sons of Anarchy”
- July 12 – Harry Lennix: “The Blacklist,” “The Five Heartbeats”
- July 19 – Joe Morton: “Scandal,” “American Gangster,” “The Good Wife”
- July 26 – Alfre Woodard: “Desperate Housewives,” “Miss Evers Boys”
- August 2 – Brian Stokes Mitchell: “Ragtime,” “Trapper John, M.D.,” “Glee”
- August 9 – Patina Miller: “Pippin,” “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1”
A limited number of tickets are still available for each of the remaining nights. Tickets cost $119 for adults and $79 for children ages 3-9 plus tax. Your ticket includes parking, a Welcome Reception, admission to “The Lion King- Concert in the Wild,” two additional hours of live entertainment during the Harambe Nights Street Party, and plenty of food and drinks throughout the evening.
You can enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at some of the tremendous work that has gone into the staging of this all-new show, “The Lion King – Concert in the Wild.”
Are you planning to attend Harambe Nights at Animal Kingdom this summer?
Siera is a Disney travel specialist. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email email@example.com for more information.