From the Disney Parks Blog:
(Photo: Disney Parks Blog)
Fall arrived early at Magic Kingdom Park this year so it’s time for one of my favorite events of the year, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Magic Kingdom Park is transformed with glowing jack o lanterns, family-friendly frights and grinning ghosts. But when you combine unlimited candy, lively parades, dazzling fireworks, and characters galore it could be a bit overwhelming for preschoolers. My advice for a spooktacular, stress-free night is to plan, pace and embrace the wicked festivities. Here are a few tips for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party:
1. Get a game plan. What are the must dos? Is the goal to score candy, watch Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Parade, ride the attractions, or all of the above? Be aware of times for fireworks, shows, character meet and greets and the parade. Arrive early to get prime viewing for the earlier parade. (To avoid any meltdowns, prep your little one about the haunting headless horseman who leads the parade down Main Street, U.S.A., or just skip that part.)
2. Check the weather. If temperatures are soaring, be prepared to shift gears from that fancy princess gown and heels, to a lightweight costume or Halloween-themed t-shirt paired with a themed light-up necklace instead. The kids may put up a fight, but in the end, they will be comfy and happy!
3. Get a head start. Although 7 p.m. is the official start time for the party, you can actually arrive as early as 4 p.m. with your special event ticket. Venture to favorite attractions, indulge in a yummy candy corn milkshake or ice cream cone, and be among the first inside the party to partake in Halloween fun.
4. Dance the night away. The new Storybook Circus Junior Jam dance party features Disney Junior stars like Vampirina and Doc McStuffins. Kids will love to rock out with their pals and burn off some energy!
5. Indulge in the treats. With more than a dozen trick or treat locations scattered throughout the park it’s tough to monitor the sugar intake. Note that there are healthy treats to behold as well as a dedicated allergy-friendly stop, just in case. (But if you are looking to score a big haul of candy bring your own sack or bucket.)
Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party in advance, as space each night is limited. (There is a savings of $10 per ticket when you purchase in advance for most nights!) For more information, visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/ or call (407) WDISNEY (934-7639).