Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Most people know how spectacular the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida becomes around Christmas time! Disney World becomes even more magical with all the special events and decorations, just for this joyous time of year! In honor of the first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party today and the beginning of the holiday season at Disney World, here are some fun facts about Christmas at Disney World:
- The Walt Disney World Resort illuminates 8.5 million Christmas lights
- The Walt Disney World Resort displays 1,300 wreaths, with the largest measuring 25 feet in diameter
- The largest Christmas tree at the Walt Disney World Resort is 70 feet tall and features over 35,000 white lights
- There are 15 miles of garland displayed throughout the Walt Disney World Resort
- There are 30 different Disney characters that dress up in their holiday attire
- The Walt Disney World Resort uses 300,000 yards of ribbon with their decorations (that is equal to running the route of the Walt Disney World Half-Marathon 13 times!)
- 150 semi-trailers full of decoration are required to hold and bring all of the decorations
- The Walt Disney World Resort displays 1,300 Christmas trees
- There are 16 million light combinations featured at the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
- The base of the Christmas tree at Magic Kingdom is 26 feet wide
- 98% of the lighting used for Christmas decorations is LED
- There is 100% chance of snow flurries at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom
Would you like to experience the magic of Walt Disney World at Christmas? It’s not too late to plan your vacation! Email email@example.com for more information!