Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is one of my favorite annual events at Epcot! This beautiful annual event is included with your regular theme park admission so you can enjoy much of it without any added expense.
Here are 8 things you won’t want to miss at the 2019 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival:
- Character Topiaries: The “star of the show” is always the incredible character topiaries throughout the park. This year, you can find topiaries featuring Anna and Elsa from Frozen, Bambi and friends, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story pals, Captain Hook and Peter Pan, Mickey and the gang, and so many more!
- Outdoor Kitchens: You can try some unique food and drinks at seventeen outdoor kitchens scattered throughout the World Showcase. These snack sized samples are perfect for an afternoon treat or you can easily make a meal out of a few of them! Many feature fresh fruits and vegetables from the garden and there’s even a new spot this year offering food and beverages infused with honey. We highly recommend the frushi at Hanami!
- Garden Rocks concert series: This popular concert series brings 36 different artists to the park over 90 nights to perform three concerts nightly at 5:30 pm, 6:45 pm, and 8 pm. You can see a variety of genres covered by artists including Air Supply, Simple Plan, Steven Curtis Chapman, Lonestar, and more.
- Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration: This springtime scavenger hunt features Spike the honey bee and will take your family all over the World Showcase searching for him. You can purchase a map for $6.99 and then return it for a surprise which makes for a fun and inexpensive souvenir.
- Interactive Play Areas: Epcot has two new interactive play areas for the festival that your kids will love and can be a great break for them to burn some energy. Your kids can choose from Bo Peep’s Playtime Training Grounds or the Play Full Garden.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House: You can see and learn about butterflies up close in the butterfly house which is home to several different species. If you’re really lucky, you might even get to watch one emerge from a chrysalis.
- The Story of Coco: You can watch this new Coco-inspired show several times day in the Mexico pavilion. Folklorico dancers join the musicians of Mariachi Cobre to bring the story of Disney-Pixar’s Coco to life, with Miguel even appearing as a puppet.
- Guided Tours: There are four tours available in Epcot this spring- Gardens of the World, English Tea Garden, Royal Tea Garden, and Behind the Seeds. Gardens of the World is unique three hour tour to the Flower and Garden Festival that will help you see how these incredible character topiaries are brought to life.
The 2019 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is happening now through June 3, 2019.
PS- Dates have now been confirmed for the other Epcot festivals happening later this year. The 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival officially returns August 29- November 23, 2019 and the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays will run from November 29 through December 30, 2019.
When is your next visit to Epcot?