Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
There are new happening every day at the Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, and Universal Orlando Resort! Check here every week for the latest “What’s New” in Disney news and at Universal Orlando!
What’s New at Disney World in Florida
- New! Tour with a Disney Imagineer - Take advantage of a rare opportunity when Limited Time Magic presents a tour of Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain, as seen through the eyes of Walt Disney Imagineering! Come along for the ride as you venture inside the Tibetanstyle stone structure, all while hearing tales from Imagineers who helped bring this exciting attraction to life. From the ideas that inspired the Royal Anandapur Tea Company to the fearsome story of the legendary Yeti—the mysterious snow monster said to inhabit the Himalayas, you won’t want to miss this chance to explore the magic at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park!
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Disney recently kicked off the super popular Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. This event is free with your paid admission into Epcot. You can enjoy food and beverages around the World Showcase, cooking sessions, and so much more.
- Sofia the 1st at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - If you have a little princess that is a fan of Sofia the 1st, you can now get a makeover at Downtown Disney inspired by her. Be sure to make reservations for this experience.
- Transportation from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney - Disney is testing through October 31. They are providing bus transportation (round trip) from Animal Kingdom Theme Park to Downtown Disney. You can then take a bus from Downtown Disney back to your resort or back to the Animal Kingdom parking lot.
- Disney MagicBands - Disney is still testing the MagicBands at select resorts.
- Princess Fairytale Hall - This new location for our favorite Princesses at Magic Kingdom Park opened last week. This is a perfect spot to see Cinderella, Rapunzel, and other DisneyPrincesses.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - This popular special events for families is running throughout September and October at Magic Kingdom Park. This event runs from 7 PM – midnight.
- Meet Disney Artists October 7 – 23: Are you a fan of David E. Doss? Make sure to schedule time to stop by and say hello, as David will be joining us at the Art of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace, daily, as we debut some of the latest pieces in his collection. If you’ve booked your trip a little later in the month, then be sure to keep an eye out for David who will be appearing October 30 – November 5, again at Art of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace.
- Meet Disney Artists October 11 – 13: Artist Michelle St.Laurent will be showcasing a collection of “Food & Wine” inspired artwork from her Disney Fine Art collection at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival from 3 – 10 p.m. at Art of Disney in Epcot. Works will include All Bottled Up, among, others! Are you planning a visit later in the month? Michelle will appear once again, October 28 – 29. Looking to find out more about Michelle St.Laurent? Visit DisneyFineArt.com.
- Renovations: Learn about the latest renovations at Disney World, before you plan your trip or before you head down for your vacation.
- Peter Pan - Closed 09/30/13 - 11/13/13
- Walt Disney World Railroad - Closed 09/30/13 - 10/20/13
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground - 09/03/13 - 11/19/13
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort
- End Zone Food Court - Closed 08/05/13 - 12/20/13
- Arcade Closed – 07/29/13 - 12/20/13
Downtown Disney® Area
- Capt’n Jacks - Closed 08/18/13 – TBD
Disney Golf Courses
- Disney’s Palm Golf Course - Closed 06/12/13 - midNovember
Universal Orlando Resort
- Halloween Horror Nights - If you love zombies, Halloween Horror Night is the special event for you! This event runs select evenings through October. For this special event, separate admission is required. You can enjoy themed haunted houses, scare zones, your favorite Universal Studios rides, and much more.
- Despicable Me - Do your kids love the Minions? You can now book one of 18 themed rooms at Portofino Bay Hotel (opening on October 1) with the Despicable Me theme.
Disneyland Resort in California
- New! Extra Haunted Mansion Holiday Magic - Celebrate the 13th season of Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park as the denizens of Halloween town add a sprinkling ofLimited Time Magic to their fiendish festivities! For a limited time, the Haunted Mansion has been gifted with a ghoulish bounty of frightfully fun delights. The Pumpkin King himself—a.k.a. Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas—has placed 13 surprise objects inside each area, from the foyer and the attic to the ghostly graveyard below. Climb aboard your Doom Buggy and keep your eyes peeled as each turn reveals yet another treat. Can you spy them all? Visit Haunted Mansion Holiday to find out for yourself. And don’t forget to scream with glee when you do!
- Renovations - Click on this pdf to download the latest renovations at Disneyland.
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations to Explore, an authorized Disney Vacation Planner and Universal Orlando Authorized Travel Professional. She would love to help you plan your next Disney or Universal vacation! Request a free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org!