Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Most Disney Cruise Line sailings include a stop at Disney’s private island paradise, Castaway Cay. If you are planning or thinking about planning a Disney Cruise, you may be wondering how to get the most out of your day at Castaway Cay. Here are the top ten tips for enjoying a day at Castaway Cay:
- Reserve the Castaway Cay Getaway Package, including snorkel equipment, a float and a bicycle, online or onboard prior to arrival at Castaway Cay. This discounted package is not available once you’re on the island.
- Leave your towels and strollers on the ship. Beach towels and beach-ready strollers and wagons are available for complimentary use on Castaway Cay.
- Wear plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat for protection from the strong Bahamian rays. And if you forget these or any other beach essentials, pick them up at “Buy the Sea Shore” on the island.
- Check out the island’s character meet-and-greet schedule in your Personal Navigator. You won’t want to miss any of these picture-perfect photo ops!
- Bring cash to send mail from the Bahamian post office. At all Disney-run merchandise and beverage locations, you can charge directly to your stateroom account using your Key to the World card.
- Eat lunch on the island. A delicious all-you-care-to-eat lunch buffet is served (at no additional cost!) in three locations on Castaway Cay, so you can enjoy more time there without getting back on the ship for mealtime.
- Sneak away for some adult-only time, like a couple’s massage or relaxing in a hammock or lounge chair at Serenity Bay, while the kids hang out with the youth counselors. Your little ones will have a blast at Scuttle’s Cove and your older ones will love snorkeling, biking and kayaking on the teen-exclusive Wild Side adventure.
- Take a break from the sun under one of the many covered spaces. Relax at a shaded eating area, or hit up In Da Shade Game Pavilion to play games such as table tennis, foosball, billiards and basketball.
- Explore offshore with exciting, water-based Port Adventures. Parasailing, watercraft skiing, bottom fishing, a glass bottom boat ride or a narrated island cruise are all great ways to see the island from different vantage points.
- Get your exclusive Castaway Cay merchandise and gifts at “She Sells Sea Shells…and Everything Else”—and have Disney cruise staff deliver your purchases to the ship. You can only get Castaway Cay souvenirs on the island!
Siera is a Disney travel specialist who would love to help you plan your next Disney Cruise Line vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email email@example.com for more information.