Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Top 4 Reasons You Need to Visit Universal Orlando Resort This Fall
From the Universal Orlando Resort Blog:
Fall always a great time to enjoy Universal Orlando Resort for the smaller crowds, cooler weather, and some delicious fall treats. Although we’re missing Halloween Horror Nights in 2020, there are still plenty of other reasons to plan to visit Universal Orlando Resort this fall.
Halloween Vibes at Universal Orlando Resort This Fall
While Halloween Horror Nights is off for 2020, the teams at Universal Orlando Resort have made sure to salvage at least SOME of this crazy year with some spooky offerings throughout the parks.
- First off, there is the phenomenal Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store. The theming alone is an homage to years past and the extensive merchandise offerings include several must-haves for any horror junkie. You can get throwback designs from your favorite event years on T-shirts and posters, your favorite icons on collectible glasses and lanyards, and even limited edition items.
- TWO haunted houses will be open on select dates in Universal Studios. This gives you horror-fanatics a chance to get your scream on, and you scaredy cats like me a chance to take a step toward fear in the daytime. Plus, keep an eye out near the houses for some foodie favorites.
- Trick-or-treating will be available in Islands of Adventure for guests 12 and under! Grab a free bag and go door-to-door at certain retail stores throughout the park. Just look for the pumpkin sticker that marks each participating location!
- Get into the Halloween spirit with a costume of your own! While totally optional, costumes are encouraged when you come visit Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure to fully embrace the season.
- Catch horror films playing at Universal Cinemark in CityWalk throughout the fall months.
- Scarecrow Stalk is your chance to come search for horror in all the right places. There will be thirteen unique scarecrows and skeletons throughout Universal Studios Florida and a prize at the end of the journey once you’ve found them all.
Food and Beverage at Universal Orlando Resort This Fall
Fall food and beverage items can be found in several locations and I highly recommend trying them all. Sure it will be a lot of steps, but, c’mon, you could use them after treats like these…
- Try some HHN-inspired desserts like Werewolf Chocolate Cake Pops and Beating Heart Sour Gummies in the HHN Tribute Store.
- The classic, beloved, delectable Pizza Fries are ready for you at Louie’s in Universal Studios.
- Swing by Voodoo Doughnut for a Pumpkin Spice Specialty Doughnut and/or a Jack-themed Doughnut.
- Skeleton Bar in Cafe La Bamba is open on weekends and offers three unique, Halloween-inspired cocktails. Plus, as you’re walking toward the bar, there will be food offerings, so if you find yourself Screaming for S’mores Fries, you’re in the right place.
- TODAY Cafe is serving a fall-themed Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread.
- Cold Stone Creamery in CityWalk if offering a Fall Into Chocolate Signature Creation.
Volcano Bay at Universal Orlando Resort This Fall
While the weather is a little cooler in the fall months in Florida, it’s always swimsuit weather at Volcano Bay because of the beautiful invention of temperature-controlled water! A visit to Volcano Bay in the fall is pretty much guaranteed to offer beautiful and breezy weather, be relatively low on crowds, and still involve all of the thrill and chill opportunities you’re looking for, just with shorter lines.
The Hotels Get In On The Fall Action, Too
Staying at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel is the best way to ensure you’re close to the action of the theme parks, have access to a ton of great theme park benefits, and just have an exceptional, themed, comfortable stay. All of this is always true, but even truer in the fall when the hotels get in on the cozy vibes for their guests. I’ve personally already got a handful of stays planned at Universal hotels in the coming months and am most looking forward to…
- HHN Icon Cocktails – I’m still internally deciding which I’ll order first, The Director (Ketel One Vodka, Kahlua, Amaretto, Heavy Cream) or The Chance (Bacardi Superior Rum, Aperol, Sour, orange bitters, orange, soda). Both of these cocktails are available at Velvet Bar and Beach Club at Hard Rock Hotel Orlando; Bula at Loews Royal Pacific Resort; Swizzle Lounge at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort; and Sand Bar Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. So wherever you choose to stay this fall, you can grab one of these cocktails and will likely catch me doing the same.
- Fire Pits – Getting to enjoy fire pits at Universal’s hotels is an absolute delight that I highly encourage you to add to your list of must-do’s during your fall stay. At Cabana Bay, you can even grab a s’mores kit at Bayliner Diner.
- Fall Beers – Fall beers are the best kind of beers. They are GOOD and they are AVAILABLE at Jake’s American Bar in Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Sample them all with a beer flight and some pretzel rods with Porter cheese fondue.
Let us know in the comments below what your favorite fall indulgences at Universal Orlando Resort are and don’t forget to start planning your visit to Universal Orlando Resort this fall! If you’re missing Halloween Horror Nights, don’t miss these 13 ways to get your Halloween Horror Nights fix for 2020!