The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train officially opened inside New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida at the end of last month. This new attraction is sure to be come an instant classic with guests of all ages so we wanted to share with you the top seven reasons to love Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
As the crown jewel of New Fantasyland, the new attraction features “just the right combination of heart, humor, and thrill to appeal to everyone in the family.” The attraction was built with a unique new ride system that allows the mine cars to sway back and forth while you are immersed into the world of Snow White! Inside the mine, you can see some newly invented Audio-Animatronics magic that brings the seven dwarfs to life unlike ever before: Doc, Sneezy, Sleepy, Grumpy, Bashful, Happy, and Dopey are all there!
Here are the top seven reasons to love Seven Dwarfs Mine Train:
- It’s the newest Disney “mountain” – The debut of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train not only added another attraction to New Fantasyland, but it also plussed up the park’s landscape with another Disney “mountain” – the newest sinceSplash Mountain debuted in 1992.
- It features an innovative ride system – Imagineers developed special five-car trains designed to swing independently from side to side as they move along the track.
- A fun interactive queue – The attraction’s queue allows guests to immediately step into the story of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” by becoming miners themselves and playing a jewel washing game. See photoshere.
- Awesomely advanced Audio-Animatronics figures – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train features some of the most advanced Audio-Animatronics figures our Imagineers have ever created.
- Its amazing level of detail – Like the rest of New Fantasyland, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is incredibly detailed – from the Wisteria Vine that lines the door of the Dwarfs’ cottage (just like in the film), down to the tracks of forest creatures that can be seen in the attraction’s pathway.
- Special nods to the film – Be on the lookout for a few historic treasures on your way through the attraction, including the song “Music In My Soup” in the queue. This tune was originally cut from the film during production in the 1930s, but Imagineers re-recorded it for this attraction. Also note the shadows of the Dwarfs marching home along the lift inside of the mine. These shadows were actually rotoscoped (traced frame by frame) from a scene in the original film.
- References to the previous Snow White attraction – When Magic Kingdom Park first opened back in 1971, Snow White’s Scary Adventures was one of the opening day attractions. As a tribute to the original attraction, be sure to look for familiar vulture figures sitting at the top of the first climb as well as Grumpy, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, and Happy figures toward the end of the ride.
Have you had the chance to experience the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train first hand? What did you think of the ride?
Siera is a Disney travel specialist. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email email@example.com for more information.