At Universal Orlando Resort, Mardi Gras isn’t just a celebration, it’s a tradition. For over 25 years, Mardi Gras has come to life in Universal’s version of the French Quarter Courtyard in Universal Studios Florida. This year’s Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval will feature authentic cuisine inspired by the most iconic Carnaval festivities across the globe and the biggest spread of food and drink offerings the event has ever had. You’ll be able to experience multiple areas throughout Universal Studios, the hotels, and Universal CityWalk with food and beverages themed to international Carnaval celebrations.
This first-ever, dynamic celebration of flavor and entertainment will take place daily at Universal Studios Florida from Saturday, February 6 and continue through Sunday, March 28. This eclectic global food fest will offer more than 70 delectable dishes and beverages from 13 locations around the globe. Plus, Universal Studios Florida will be decked out in vibrant décor and guests will have the first-ever opportunity to get up close with spectacular and intricately-detailed Mardi Gras floats stationed throughout the theme park. You’ll also enjoy a Big Easy bash in the streets with energetic dancers and stilt performers in extraordinary costumes, brass band musicians, countless beads and a newly-themed Mardi Gras Tribute Store stocked with new merchandise that will give guests the perfect look for this epic celebration.
Here’s a sample menu from Universal Studios to get your mouth watering!
- Puerto Rico (Pernil & Mofongo, Picadillo Empanadas, Quesitos, Pina Verde)
- New Orleans (Crawfish Boil, Jambalaya, Beignets, Muffaletta Sandwich, Cajun Twisted & Cajun Sausage Taters, Tropical Storm Punch, Milk Punch)
- Trinidad & Tobago (Pineapple Trini-Chow, Pholourie, Queen’s Park Swizzle Mint)
- Germany (Pork Schnitzel Slider, Bavarian Pretzel, Vegan Bratwurst with Beer Braised Onions)
- Spain (Leche Frita, Paella Mixta, Charcuterie)
- Brazil (Brigadeiros, Moqueca de Camarao, Stuffed Coxinha, Pineapple or Strawberry Caipirinhas)
- Belgium (Belgium Liege Waffles, Brussels Frites with Roasted Garlic Veganaise)
- Italy (Cannoli, Arancini, Italian Rainbow Cookie, Affogato)
- Colombia (Carnitas Arepas, Limonada de Coco, Coco Loco)
- Canada (Beef Short Rib Poutine, Sugar Shack Springtime Punch)
- The Bahamas (Jerk Chicken, Jerk Jackfruit, Goombay Smash)
- France (Poached Pear Creme Brulee Crepe)
- Cuba (Cuban Sandwich, Dark Caramel Flan, Plantain Chips, Cuba Libre, Cuban Coffee)
Click here for the full menus and descriptions.
The great news is all of these dishes are served as sample sizes, so you’ll be able to try a little bit of everything. If this sounds right up your alley, you’ll want to check out the Mardi Gras Tasting Lanyard options, which you can use for multiple visits (let’s be real, you’ll want to come back to conquer the entire menu).
Universal Orlando continues to implement its enhanced health and safety procedures and guidelines focused on “screening, spacing and sanitization,” and those practices will be applied to all experiences taking place during Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval. Key measures include screening guests and team members, enforcing social distancing, requiring face coverings, limiting capacity and increasing the already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures. Guests may remove their face coverings while actively eating or drinking, but must be stationary and maintain appropriate social distancing.
All of the excitement of Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval celebration is included with admission to Universal Studios. Florida residents can take advantage of an exclusive ticket offer to purchase a 1-Day, 2-Park ticket and receive three extra days free to experience both parks. Guests can also take advantage of a special offer to save up to $200 on 4-day tickets for a family of four.
With exclusive theme park benefits available to hotel guests, staying in one of Universal Orlando’s hotels is the best way to make the most of a vacation to the award-winning theme park destination. Currently, Florida residents can take advantage of nightly package rates as low as $85 per person, per night, at the all-new value property Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites for a family of 4 with a 3-night stay. Non-Florida residents can book a stay at Dockside Inn and Suites as part of a package for a family of four, with a 5-night stay.
Thanks Universal Orlando Resort Blog!