Have you ever eaten at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe on Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland Park? There are a variety of delicious options available, from sweet treats to salads and sandwiches. This also happens to be the only place to enjoy the Practically Perfect Punch and Cherry Tree Lane Lemonade, inspired by the Mary Poppins theme.
The menu changes frequently and they are now offering two new muffins: blueberry sour cream with cinnamon crumbles and powdered sugar, and a chocolate chocolate-chip muffin that’s full of chocolate chips. The Jolly Holiday menu also offers some items that you can’t find anywhere else at the Disneyland Resort, such as the toasted cheese and tomato-basil soup combo, and the seasonal quiche with house salad. Seasonal soups are always a great choice, too, and right now you can get the hearty cheesy enchilada soup. Here is the Cheesy Enchilada Soup recipe from Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe in Disneyland.
Cheesy Enchilada Soup Recipe
Serves 6 to 8
- 5 yellow corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 15-ounce can tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Tapatio hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet. When oil is hot, add tortilla strips and stir until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Cook onion in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic, bell pepper and corn; cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, tomato puree, salt, chili powder, pepper, sugar, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour and water in a small bowl and stir into soup. Bring to a boil, then simmer 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and bring back to a simmer. Stir in cream, sour cream, shredded cheese, and black beans.
- To serve, garnish with fried tortilla strips and cilantro.
Have you ever tried the Cheesy Enchilada Soup from Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe at Disneyland? Are you going to try the Cheesy Enchilada Soup Recipe now?
Siera is a Disney travel specialist. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email email@example.com for more information.