Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, which has been voted Best Cruise Line Overall by Travel Weekly for 11 consecutive years, recently became the very first cruise line to earn an “Autism Friendly” certification from Autism on the Seas. Through Royal Caribbean’s autism friendly cruises, there are special programs to assist families with autism. Families can now cruise with peace of mind with new amenities, designed just for an autism friendly cruise.
Royal Caribbean offers features to help families with autism, including:
- Family movies shown in a low-lit, low-volume, autism friendly environment.
- Toy lending bags with autism friendly toys
- Youth staff tour, consultation, and activities to accommodate the child’s specifics needs.
- A “social story,” available to parent before cruising, to help explain the cruise experience.
- Priority check-in, boarding, and departure
- Special dietary accommodations, including gluten-free options
- Adventure Ocean Youth Program specialized grouping
- Adventure Ocean toilet-trained policy exception
Is your family planning to enjoy a Royal Caribbean Cruise Line vacation?
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations to Explore. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.