Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Disneyland fans, I have a recipe you may recognize! A great sweet treat at Disneyland park is Strawberry Twists from Maurice’s Treats in Fantasy Faire. With help from Chef Christina and the Disney Parks Blog, I have an easy version of the recipe for these delicious treats:
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (17.3-ounce) box (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mash mixture with a potato masher until the berries are softened and sugar is dissolved.
2. Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil, stirring often to prevent mixture from sticking to pan, until thick, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
3. Place one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured, movable, flat surface, such as a lightweight cutting board. Lightly dust surface of pastry with flour and roll to smooth creases.
4. Spread pastry sheet with 1/3 cup of the strawberry mixture. (Refrigerate any remaining strawberry mixture for up to 5 days.)
5. Roll the second sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to smooth creases; place on top of first sheet and press down gently.
6. Place filled puff pastry in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone mat.
8. Using a ruler as a guide, cut into pastry into 1 1/2-inch strips. Carefully pick up strips and place on baking sheets, twisting 3 times before laying down.
9. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Cook’s Note: You may substitute 1/3 cup store-bought strawberry jam.
Siera is a Disney travel specialist. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email email@example.com for more information.