Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Frozen has taken the country by storm and the phenomenon still seems to be getting stronger every day! Frozen will be coming to Disney California Adventure Park early next year when Frozen Fun at Disneyland Resort makes its West Coast debut on January 7, 2015. Frozen Fun at Disneyland will bring magical adventures with Frozen characters and brand new, immersive experiences that you won’t want to miss!
Check out the exciting events planned for Frozen Fun at Disney California Adventure Park:
- “For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” – The Muppet*Vision 3D theater in Hollywood Land will be transformed for this event into the beautiful Crown Jewel Theatre from Arendelle. You can step inside and join the Arendelle Historians – along with special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff – for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
- “Olaf’s Snow Fest” – Stage 17 in Hollywood Land will host an immersive winter wonderland straight out of the Kingdom of Arendelle, complete with a giant snow play area and musical performances by The Frolicking Fjords and The Tubadors. You can glide down a snow slide, build a snowman of your own and visit everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, and give him a warm hug. “Olaf’s Snow Fest” has so much to offer, from beautiful photo opportunities to scrumptious treats and special “Frozen” souvenirs.
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post – Head back outside, and nearby you’ll find Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, where you can pick up the latest “Frozen”-inspired apparel, plush, toys, mugs and more.
- “Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome” – Anna and Elsa are moving from Fantasyland to an elegant new location inside the Disney Animation attraction at Disney California Adventure park, where you can meet them as part of a special royal greeting. The colorful and varied display in the Animation Courtyard will also now include scenes and music from “Frozen” and at Animation Academy, a Disney artist asks, “Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?” It’s a unique opportunity to learn how to draw your very own sketch of Olaf or Marshmallow.
- “Freeze the Night! A Family Dance Party” – Every evening, you can “chill out” in Hollywood Land with music, dancing, interactive fun and more. You’ll arrive at the party through an icy archway to find wintry décor, dazzling lighting effects, cool photo spots, yummy treats and frosty beverages for all ages. Throughout the night, a giant thermometer registers the drop in temperature, as things get so cool they ultimately reach the freezing point when everyone lets it go in a spectacular “Frozen Fun” crescendo!
A sneak peek of many of these exciting experiences begins this Saturday, December 20! Starting January 7, 2015, the “Frozen Fun” officially opens at Disney California Adventure park, and a new “Frozen” show makes its debut in Fantasy Faire at Disneyland park.
The Royal Theatre’s resident storytellers, Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones, present the tale of “Frozen” in a fun-filled, fast-paced retelling of the story, featuring their own wacky performances in key roles, along with Anna, Elsa and the Faire Maidens. And when Mickey’s Soundsational Parade resumes daily performances January 7, Anna and Elsa will once again make pre-parade appearances on their own special float.
When Storybook Land Canal Boats returns later this month, there will be a new excursions through the world of “Frozen” offering views of the fjord-side village of Arendelle, including the stately castle where Anna and Elsa grew up, Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, and Elsa’s mountaintop ice palace. The miniature locales of “Frozen” will find a new home among the familiar scenes of some of Disney’s most enduring and timeless fairy tales, including “Pinocchio,” “Cinderella,” “Aladdin,” and “The Little Mermaid.”
Plus, don’t forget about Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink though February 22, 2015 and the new Anna and Elsa’s Boutique, both now open now at Downtown Disney District. For “Frozen” fans, there’s never been a better time to visit Disneyland Resort! Which of these new experiences are you most excited to see?
Siera is a Disney travel specialist. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.