(Photo: Universal Orlando Resort Blog)
Whether you’re headed to Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley, you can experience a magical culinary journey in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is full of unique snacks, meals and even desserts that will place you right into the story! Here is a complete list of the best Wizarding World of Harry Potter food that you have to try as you eat your way through Universal Orlando Resort.
Outlined below is a route fit for a wizard on a break from school headed home for holiday. You’ll start in Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and then venture by way of the Hogwarts Express to Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida. There is so much to try along the way!
Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley…
1. Traditional English Breakfast from Three Broomsticks
Schools out and you feel like royalty. Step into Three Broomsticks for your usual: the Traditional Breakfast. And don’t forget your Hot Tea.
2. Fresh Fruit from The Magic Neep Cart
Fruit makes for a refreshing snack to hold you until lunch and keep you cool as you run any last errands while you’re in town.
3. Three Broomsticks Shepherd’s Pie
Leaving to board the train for Holiday means you won’t be back for a while so you might as well have a satisfying send off. Nothing beats the Shepherd’s Pie at Three Broomsticks.
4. No-Melt Ice Cream from Honeydukes
What better delicacy to tip towards the castle than the mysterious pumpkin-flavoured No Melt Ice Cream? Every bite stays fluffy and creamy as you wait for the train!
5. The Leaky Cauldron Fish & Chips
A plate of crispy Fish & Chips makes for a warm welcome home.
6. The Leaky Cauldron Butterbeer Potted Cream: While you’re at the Leaky Cauldron, don’t forget to end your dinner with a proper dessert. A mason jar full of Butterbeer Potted Cream is sure to please every Butterbeer enthusiast.
7. The Fountain of Fair Fortune Otter’s Fizzy Orange Juice: Diagon Alley makes for the perfect evening stroll and is even better with a drink in hand. Swing by The Fountain of Fair Fortune for both non-alcoholic and alcoholic varieties. Pictured above is the Otter’s Fizzy Orange Juice (non-alcoholic).
8. Say Goodnight with a Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes Skiving Snack Box: Three drawers full of delicious treats to munch on as the night comes to a close. Sweet dreams traveler, you’re home.
Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade…
1. Egg, Leek & Mushroom Pasty at Leaky Cauldron: A warm biscuit like pastry filled with scrambled eggs and veggies is a delicious way to start the day.
2. Sugarplum’s Sweetshop Butterbeer Fudge & Chocolate Fudge: It’s only fitting that you dip into Diagon Alley for last minute school supplies. A few morsels of Butterbeer and Chocolate Fudge are perfect to snack on while you shop.
3. Ploughman’s Platter at the Leaky Cauldron: Is it lunch, or perhaps brunch? Either way, Ploughman’s Platter serves up a fresh array of cheeses, bread, veggies and even scotch eggs (hard-boiled eggs covered in crispy sausage—yes, these exist!).
4. Florean Fortescue’s Earl Grey & Lavender Ice Cream: Afternoon tea, ice cream style. This is the last stop before you exit Diagon Alley, so why not leave on a sweet note?
5. Jacket Potato from London Taxi Cart: London is home of the Jacket Potato. Choose from Loaded, Broccoli and Cheddar, Bean and Cheese, or Shepherd’s Pie topping. It’s the perfect pre-train snack, or enjoy it while on the train!
6. Chocolate Frog from Honeydukes: Welcome to Hogsmeade! Grab a sweet treat to hold you until dinner. After your train ride, you just might be craving a chocolate frog!
7. Great Feast Platter from Three Broomsticks: Gather around the table with your traveling companions. The Great Feast is piled high with both chicken and ribs, separated only by morsels of roasted potatoes and vegetables. Don’t forget it comes with salad too!
8. Three Broomsticks Fresh Baked Apple Pie: Warm spiced apples under a sweet drizzled crumble. Big enough to share…or keep to yourself and be very happy.
Travel Tip: Refer to this guide next time you’re in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort and want an authentic dining experience.
Must be 21 years of age or older with valid identification to purchase or drink alcoholic beverages at Universal Orlando Resort.
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, Universal Studios Travel Agency of the Year 2010, 2011, & 2012. She would love to help you plan your next Universal Orlando vacation at no cost to you. Contact Siera today at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 734-771-1290 for more information or your free, no obligation quote.