Are you looking for a special treat to make for your holiday party? Why don’t you try one of the most loved desserts on board Disney Cruise Line, Palo’s chocolate soufflé. Disney Cruise Line’s chocolate souffle is the perfect indulgence to conclude a delicious dinner. If you want to impress your guests, don’t skip the special vanilla sauce. You could also consider serving it with chocolate sauce and vanilla gelato, too, which are all delicious accompaniments!
3 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing the soufflé cups
6 tablespoons sugar, plus more for dusting the soufflé cups
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
2 ounces (2/3 cup) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
4 eggs, separated
Vanilla Sauce (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set a full kettle of water on to boil.
- Butter six 4-ounce soufflé cups and coat with sugar; set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan; meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cocoa to the butter and beat with a whisk to a smooth, paste-like consistency. Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the hot milk, whisking until smooth, then blend in melted chocolate. Let cool for 5 minutes, then stir in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until frothy. Slowly add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir a heaping spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whites just until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared soufflé cups. Place cups in a large baking dish and add enough boiling water to reach halfway the sides of the soufflé cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately, with warm vanilla sauce.
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
3 tablespoons sugar
2 small egg yolks
- Bring cream and vanilla bean to a low boil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine sugar and egg yolks.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of boiling cream to egg mixture and stir well, then pour back into the remaining cream and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Thanks to the Disney Parks Blog for sharing this delicious Disney Cruise Line recipe!
Siera is a Disney travel specialist and would love to help you plan your next Disney vacation! Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org!