From the Universal Orlando Resort Blog:
In just a couple weeks, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure – the epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade – will open at Universal Orlando Resort. To get you excited for this “story coaster,” Universal has shared 7 details about the ground-breaking coaster technology and all-new environments you’ll be able to experience on June 13.
- Journey Beyond the Grounds of Hogwarts Castle
You’ll venture to the edge of the Forbidden Forest and enter ruins that have seemingly been abandoned for centuries behind Hagrid’s hut. The ruins were imagined and brought to life by Universal Creative in collaboration with the Harry Potter films’ Production Designer, Stuart Craig, and Art Director, Alan Gilmore. This is where your Care of Magical Creatures class with Hagrid will begin.
2. All-New Environments and Sets
Inside the ruins, you will see materials from Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class, including dragon eggs on the verge of hatching and a makeshift nursery where he kept his Blast-Ended Skrewts in a terrarium before they outgrew the chamber.
There will also be a pre-show featuring digital projection technology and special effects, where you’ll encounter Arthur Weasley, Hagrid, and his loyal dog, Fang.
But the experience doesn’t stop there! Once you board your motorbike, you’ll plunge deeper into the Forbidden Forest and closer to some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures.
Here are some additional thrilling fun facts about the experience that will be brought to life with innovative coaster technology:
3. The most launches of any roller coaster in the world – with 7 total launches
You’ll launch up to 50 miles per hour through the Forbidden Forest, past the ruins and more.
4. The first coaster in the U.S. to feature a free-fall vertical drop – dropping you nearly 17 feet
Prepare yourself because you’ll be dropping quite a distance.
5. The longest roller coaster in Florida, measuring nearly a mile in length (5,053 feet)
Your adventure into the Forbidden Forest is bound to be an exciting one – so keep your eyes peeled for creatures and mischief around every turn.
6. Enchanted motorbikes will take you on an adventure through the Forbidden Forest – and you can ride the motorcycle like Hagrid or board the adjacent sidecar like Harry Potter
I think we should start a poll now – do you think you’ll be team motorcycle or team sidecar?
7. The “story coaster” will catapult you 65 feet in the air at a more than 70-degree angle…then drop you backward in one movement
This will be the time to hold on tight and trust Hagrid to get you through your journey.
Before you know it, the opening of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will be here. Buckle up, it’s going to be a wild ride.
Share your excitement with #WizardingWorldOrlando on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Plus, don’t forget to comment below about what you are most excited about!