Are you traveling to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida with little ones? It can be challenging when you have children of different ages or just small children since they are not big enough to ride all of the rides you or your older children may want to ride. One great solution that Disney offers is Disney World’s rider switch program.
One adult can wait with the child who is not riding while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. Then, the waiting adult can ride the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again after another adult returns to supervise the child or children who are not riding.
Here’s a guide for how to use Disney World’s Rider Swap:
1. Verify that Rider Switch is offered at the attraction you are riding by checking with a Cast Member.
2. Enter the normal queue with your entire family. At least one adult from your party and the child who will not be riding will then be given a Rider Switch Pass and asked to wait in a designated area.
3. The remaining party members will ride the attraction.
4. After riding the attraction, the remaining party members return to the rest of the group. The non-rider is then “switched” to the group who already rode the attraction.
5. The adult who had previously waited with the child can then enter without having to wait in the regular line a second time. The Rider Switch Pass must be given to a Cast Member at this time.
Here is a list of attractions where the Rider Swap is available:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Splash Mountain
- The Barnstormer
- Space Mountain
- Stitch’s Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
- Mission: SPACE
- Test Track
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Star Tours- The Adventure Continues
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Expedition Everest- Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- Kali River Rapids
- Primeval Whirl
Siera is a Disney travel specialist and would love to help you plan your next Disney World vacation at no cost to you! Request a free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.