Since 2005, Adventures by Disney has taken guests on amazing adventures around the world. Guests can set sail on Adventures by Disney expedition cruises exploring Antarctica, the Arctic and the Galapagos Islands. And in 2024, they will add a new destination and expedition cruise through the Adriatic Sea to complement their vast array of global itineraries: the Adventures by Disney Adriatic Expedition Cruise.
Adventures by Disney will take you to Croatia and other stops along the beautiful and picturesque Adriatic Sea in 2024. And there will be not just one departure, but two that same year! This famed waterway filled with captivating history, exquisite cuisine and breathtaking views provides the perfect setting for an enchanting adventure.
The one-of-a-kind, eight-day, seven-night round-trip sailing from Venice, Italy, is sure to inspire a lifetime of memories. You’ll board the PONANT Le Bougainville ship, a small purpose-built ship designed to access remote location, to visit seven ports in Croatia and Montenegro before returning to the Floating City. Just imagine the breathtaking views, historical sites and the exquisite cuisine awaiting you!
When sailing the Adriatic Sea with Adventures by Disney, you’ll have the chance to:
- Discover the islands adorning the Adriatic coast with stops at Korcula to taste the famed Mali Ston oysters or Hvar to kayak along the Pakleni Islands.
- Enjoy delicious food, Croatian wine, captivating architecture and culture unique to the region.
- Bike through vineyards and lavender fields of the UNESCO Stari Grad Plain (also known as Hora or Ager).
- Taste local delicacies such as Dalmatian Prosciutto, aged by the bura, a northerly-blowing wind common in the winter months.
- Explore picturesque Boka Bay in Montenegro by catamaran or strolling the cobbled streets of Old Town Kotor.
- Wander medieval Croatian port-towns awash in warm limestone and distinctive, red-tiled roofs, and visiting the world-famous Predjama Castle in Slovenia.
- Delve into the massive underground labyrinth at Slovenia’s Postojna Cave and discovering the “dragons” that call it home.
- Step back in time to learn about time-honored Croatian traditions including methods of pressing olive oil.
As with all Adventures by Disney trips, Disney-trained Adventure Guides will deliver their signature service and storytelling so you can enjoy a hassle-free vacation. And speaking of hassle-free, I love unpacking my bag just once while seeing the world!
Up to six Adventure Guides will accompany guests on the Adriatic Expedition Cruise and will lead unique, themed activities both aboard and ashore. And did you know they have events just for kids on the trip? While the Junior Adventurers enjoy a “Pirates of the Adriatic” swim party or a Dalmatian Dash scavenger hunt, the adults can participate in a cocktail workshop, try out a fitness class, or simply relax on deck overlooking the exquisite sites. There is also a multi-sensorial underwater lounge on board … now that just sounds cool! The full itinerary is simply amazing.
Announcing 2024 Itineraries: Expedition Cruising with Adventures by Disney
Also in 2024, guests will have more opportunities to explore Antarctica, the Arctic and the Galapagos Islands with added expedition cruises to these destinations:
- Antarctica and Patagonia Expedition Cruise: This southern region itinerary offers the chance to discover the pristine splendor of Antarctica and Argentina’s beautiful Patagonia region. Here, the magic of wildlife takes the stage as guests observe animals such as penguins, seals and whales in their natural habitat. Dates: Dec. 17-28, 2023, and Feb. 17-28, 2024.
- Arctic Expedition Cruise: This expedition cruise in the northern polar region features the Arctic waters and surrounding landscapes of Svalbard. Guests will sail past deep fjords, discover the human history of the Arctic, marvel at massive glaciers and see amazing wildlife including polar bears, reindeer and walruses. Date: July 1-10, 2024.
- Galapagos Islands Expedition Cruise: This island-hopping expedition cruise through the Galapagos Archipelago is an immersive family adventure. Guided by expert naturalists, guests will discover more about the amazing ecosystems and unique species endemic to the islands as they experience the unmatched views of this UNESCO World Heritage site. Dates: March 17-25, June 9-17, July 14-22, Aug. 7-15, and Dec. 18-26, 2024.
Guests can also extend their expedition cruise vacations in select cities through an Adventures by Disney Escape, a series of short-stay getaways that are big on adventure. Escapes often complement a trip — immediately before or following an existing itinerary — and are ideal for those wishing for a deeper dive into a region’s culture, history and landscape. The four-day Buenos Aires Escape is a great way to discover the cosmopolitan capital of Argentina before embarking on the Antarctica Expedition Cruise. The six-day Amazon Escape takes guests on an exploration of the Amazon rainforest prior to the start of their Galapagos Islands Expedition Cruise.
Traveling with Adventures by Disney
With exceptional service, storytelling and authentic cultural experiences, all Adventures by Disney vacations are designed to appeal to the interests and needs of the entire family, allowing parents, grandparents and Junior Adventurers to discover the world together. From hassle-free travel, to engaging storytelling, to magical moments sprinkled throughout the vacation, all adventures are designed to give families the chance to focus on what matters — enjoying time together as they experience the magic of the world.
Ready to set sail in 2024? Travelers interested in booking a 2024 expedition cruise can take advantage of Adventure by Disney’s early booking offer, with savings of $1,000 per person on select 2024 Antarctica Expedition Cruises and $750 per person on select 2024 Antarctica Expedition Cruises.
Additionally, travelers on eligible 2024 Expedition Cruise departures can also save 50% per person on the nonrefundable deposit required at booking.