There are so many great places to eat at Disney World! Whether you are a picky eater or a foodie aficionado, you will love most of the restaurants at the Walt Disney World Resort. Character dining is a great option for families with kids who want to see the characters without having to use a FastPass or wait in long lines in the theme parks.
Here are the five best character dining experiences at Disney World:
- Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: We love just about everything about Chef Mickey’s! Chef Mickey’s has a HUGE buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with such a variety that everyone in the family is sure to leave stuffed! Plus, you get to eat with all of the fab five classic Disney characters- Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. This is also a great place to celebrate a birthday or special occasion!
- Garden Grill at Epcot: Situated in the Land pavilion in Future World, Garden Grill offers a relatively intimate character dining experience. With a smaller restaurant, characters tend to spend more time with families here and even make it back around to your table more than once. We also love the all you can eat meals served family style right to your table. With gooey cinnamon rolls for breakfast or a platter of meats for lunch and dinner, everyone in the family is sure to find something they love!
- 1900 Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: This is a great meal for the whole family, but especially little princesses. You can choose from breakfast with Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh, and Tigger or dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella. The stepsisters are so funny and offer some really fun and funny interactions. (Tip: Be sure to try the strawberry soup!)
- Tusker House at Disney’s Animal Kingdom: You can enjoy an expansive breakfast, lunch, or dinner buffet with Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy in their safari gear. Although breakfast is your standard fare, lunch and dinner offer some more unique, African-inspired options. (Tip: Book a late breakfast so you can try a bit from both the breakfast and lunch menu)
- Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine is one of the best meals for toddlers and preschoolers because you get to eat with the Disney Junior characters! This upbeat and exciting meal plays some of your little ones’ favorite Disney Junior songs while they meet Sofa the First, Doc McStuffins, Vampirina, and Roadster Racer Goofy.
What has your best character dining experience been?