Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
An 18-month long celebration is now happening at all three Sea World parks in honor of Sea World’s 50th anniversary. Sea World Parks & Entertainment are hosting this multi-park celebration to commemorate the original Sea World’s opening in San Diego in March 1964.
Sea World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, featuring a Sea of Surprises™, began on March 21, 2014. All three SeaWorld parks (San Diego, Orlando and San Antonio) are sharing in the excitement throughout the 18-month event that celebrates some of the most memorable SeaWorld experiences.
SeaWorld has delighted guests with unique entertainment, thrilling rides and up-close encounters with marine animals. During Sea World’s 50th Anniversary, visitors are invited to take part in the celebration through new interactive experiences, shows and pathway performances, even more up-close animal encounters throughout the park and the SeaWorld “Surprise Squad” treating guests with prizes every day.
- A new night-time Shamu Show will debut at all three SeaWorld parks this year, starting on March 8 at SeaWorld San Antonio, March 21 at SeaWorld San Diego and June 21 at SeaWorld Orlando. The show will include new killer whale behaviors along with new lighting and video aspects.
- In addition to the new iconic Shamu show, the parks have new entertainment elements including a 50th Celebration theme for the ski show at SeaWorld San Antonio and a new Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation show at SeaWorld Orlando.
- SeaWorld San Diego will celebrate 50 years by completely transforming the park’s arrival experience. The creation of Explorer’s Reef™, which opened in March, will immediately immerse park guests into an undersea oasis. From the moment they enter the park, guests can connect with the sea through multiple touch pools featuring shark pups, rays, skates and delicate little cleaner fish.
- SeaWorld guests are often greeted by an animal ambassador, many of whom were orphaned or injured in the wild and given a second chance thanks to the SeaWorld Rescue Team. As part of SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration, there will be more surprise encounters with animal ambassadors throughout the day. A pair of Magellanic penguins, a lemur, or even a parade of flamingos could surprise guests at any moment at all three SeaWorld locations.
- SeaWorld is known for amazing animal shows and each park will have something new for the 50th celebration. Even park pathways will come to life with spontaneous entertainment at unexpected moments, including performers with sea-inspired costumes and props, a bubble brigade and splash mob.
- The SeaWorld “Surprise Squad” will roam the SeaWorld parks on a daily basis giving away prizes and special gifts. Guests could receive exclusive access to rides or behind-the-scenes experiences, celebration t-shirts or Shamu-themed merchandise, reserved show seating and more.
- To showcase SeaWorld’s commitment to the environment and passion for protecting the ocean, a series of giant sea life sculptures will be displayed throughout the parks. SeaWorld commissioned environmental art group Washed Ashore for a collection of larger-than-life sea-themed sculptures – many weighing more than half a ton. The materials used to create these pieces come from the billions of pounds of garbage – mostly plastics – that wind up in our oceans. These amazing works of art point to the urgent need to protect marine animals from such dangers and preserve their ocean habitats.
- As part of its continuing commitment to new technology that enhances the guest experience, SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration will include new ways for fans to connect to the parks and each other though digital devices. The parks will be launching a variety of enhancements, from interactive apps that provide fun new ways to experience the park to new games and video content.
Would you like to visit Sea World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration? You can plan a visit around this celebration or just visit for a day during your Orlando vacation!
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.