Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
(Photo: Universal Orlando Resort Blog)
Hot Butterbeer is being served, garland is going up and house scarves are being worn. You can now celebrate Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (for the first time ever!).
Earlier this year we revealed the holiday details coming to both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, including festive garlands décor, holiday food and new entertainment.
Now I’m excited to share even more details on the yuletide-inspired entertainment.
Every night in Hogsmeade Village at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, you’ll be able to see The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle. Using the latest in projection-mapping technology, Hogwarts Castle will completely transform this holiday season.
A spell will be cast on Hogwarts Castle, illuminating it in festive décor, candlelight and moments inspired by the films.
Imagine seeing the ghosts of Hogwarts singing carols, students riding broomsticks and creating snowmen, a moment inspired by the Yule Ball and many more surprises.
This experience is available multiple times throughout the evening, with later shows providing the best viewing experience.
Also in Hogsmeade, you can see the Hogwarts Frog Choir perform.
Donning their house scarves, the Frog Choir has a brand-new collection of holiday carols:
- “Christmas at Hogwarts” – This wizarding carol casts a Christmas spell that echoes through the halls of Hogwarts.
- “We Wish You A Merry Christmas” – The choir will bring a new and festive life to this classic holiday song.
- “The Most Magical Yule Ball of All” – Hosting the TriWizard Tournament also brings with it a magical event known as the Yule Ball. This song captures all the magic, elegance and wonder of this very special night.
- “I Cast a Spell On Father Christmas” – This fun song is a cautionary tale asking young wizards to be sure of the incantation before casting a spell.
Their signature 5-part harmonies will spread Christmas croaks and holiday cheer!
(Photo: Universal Orlando Resort Blog)
The Christmas carols don’t stop there. Take the Hogwarts Express over to Diagon Alley in Universal Studios Florida to see the singing sorceress Celestina Warbeck and her Banshees.
They’re conjuring four new tunes from her chart-topping holiday album, Nothin’ Like A Holiday Spell with hits like:
- “Nothing Like a Holiday Spell” – There are many spells and charms in the wizarding world. But during this time of year, conjuring warm feelings of yuletide cheer is the most magical spell of all.
- “Accio Christmas” – This calypso inspired song officially brings a Christmas rhythm of the islands to the British Isles.
- “My Baby Gave Me a Hippogriff for Christmas” – Have you ever received a gift that wasn’t exactly what you were expecting? This song describes one such moment our singing sorceress experienced.
- “A Witch and Wizard’s Wintry Wondrous Land” – This classic wizarding carol shows there’s nothing more lovely than sharing the Christmas season with family friends—and of course Celestina’s fans.
Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is just one of the elements of Universal Orlando’s Holidays celebration. Click here to discover all of the holiday festivities. I can’t wait for you to experience it all and create memories this holiday season.
The Holidays celebration is now underway and runs through Jan. 6. Grab your tickets now and join us for Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, Universal Studios Travel Agency of the Year 2010, 2011, & 2012. She would love to help you plan your next Universal Orlando vacation at no cost to you. Contact Siera today at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 734-771-1290 for more information or your free, no obligation quote.