Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
(Photo: Disney Parks Blog)
Mornings at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, are wonderful, especially because of the abundance of delicious breakfast options. You can choose to indulge in a fantastic breakfast buffet at Makahiki, dine on classics and island specialities at ‘AMA‘AMA, or just pick up light breakfast items from Ulu Cafe. You can even have breakfast delivered to your hotel room through room service!
Aulani’s talented chefs created an island-inspired frittata with egg whites and vegetables, topped with a homemade macadamia nut pesto and cheese and it is delicious! Check out the cooking demo video and full recipe for the egg white vegetable frittata recipe from Aulani below. Enjoy!
Egg White Vegetable Frittata Recipe from Aulani with Macadamia Nut Pesto
MACADAMIA NUT PESTO
1 cup tightly packed basil leaves
3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. chopped macadamia nuts
2 cloves garlic
6 tbsp. olive oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
EGG WHITE FRITTATA
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup diced eggplant
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced mushroom
1/4 cup diced zucchini
1/4 cup diced artichoke heart
1/4 cup diced tomato
16 egg whites
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup goat cheese
1/2 cup basil pesto
FOR MACADAMIA NUT PESTO:
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
FOR EGG WHITE FRITTATA:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease four (8-ounce) individual casserole dishes with butter. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Sauté eggplant in the oil for 2 minutes. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, until it begins to soften.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, artichoke heart, and tomato and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 4 egg whites in each casserole dish. Add 1/4 of the vegetables to each dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Top each frittata with 1/4 cup of mozzarella, 1 tablespoon of goat cheese, and 2 tablespoons of pesto. Bake for 3-5 minutes, until cheese begins to brown.
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Call her at 734-771-1290 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for your free, no obligation quote.