On January 6, 2014, Camp Minnie-Mickey at Disney’s Animal Kingdom closed permanently to make way for a new AVATAR-inspired land which won’t open until early 2017. Camp Minnie-Mickey was home to The Festival of The Lion King as well as multiple character meet and greet opportunities. The Festival of the Lion King will have a new home in the Africa section of the park, just behind Tusker House, when construction is complete on the new theater later this year. So, you may be wondering where can you meet some of your favorite Disney characters at Animal Kingdom. The good news is that all of the characters that called Camp Minnie-Mickey home have been relocated to another area of the park.
Here are the new locations where you can meet Disney characters at Animal Kingdom:
- Chip and Dale will “meet and play” at Rafiki’s Planet Watch on the path from the Wildlife Express Train station to Conservation Station. In this playful setting, children of all ages can pose for photos with the chipmunks and hear music by GiTar Dan
- You can say “Wingapo” to Pocahontas as she joins porcupines, colorful exotic birds, and other animal friends along the Discovery Island Trail
- Donald Duck will welcome friends to join him for a photo with Cory the dinosaur along Cretaceous Trail in DinoLand U.S.A.
- King Louie and Baloo have found a home in Upcountry Landing along Bradley Falls
- Mickey and Minnie have a new home at the Adventurers Outpost on Discovery Island (FastPass+ available)
Have you also heard that a new completion badge was added for Wilderness Explorers at Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Anyone who completes all 31 Wilderness Explorers badge activities can receive a Senior Wilderness Explorer badge. You can pick up your badge at any of the six Troop Leader locations throughout the park, which can be found on the guidemap.
What do you think of all the changes at Disney’s Animal Kingdom?
Siera is a Disney travel specialist who would love to help you plan your next Disney World vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email email@example.com for more information.