Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Here is this week’s What’s New Around the Mouse- Halloween Edition. Check out the latest news and events at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, the Disneyland Resort in California, and the Universal Orlando Resort.
Disney World in Florida
- New! Halloween FUN - Kick up your boots for Halloween week at Magic Kingdom park where you can find all sorts of spirited fun in Frontierland! From 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, head to the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon—redressed in the guise of “The Happy Haunted Horseshoe”—and grab a snack or a Halloweeninspired goodie as an ethereal group of entertainers takes a break from pushing up daisies to delight you with their tricks and treats. This is your chance to join hostess Miss Betty Blue as she calls forth haunting harmonies from the Cadaver Dans, the pianoplaying Dearly Departed Stan and everyone’s favorite morbid magician, Abner Cadaver. So be on the lookout—miss this offering from Limited Time Magic and you may never rest in peace!
- Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Opens - This beautiful addition to the Disney Vacation Club is an exquisite resort to book with your DVC points or as a guest visiting the Walt Disney World Resort. Contact the team at Destinations in Florida to book this exclusive new resort.
- Glow with the Show - Celebrate a magical transition from this year to next with a vibrant set of vinyl ear clings for your Glow with the Show Ears—launching for the first time at Walt Disney World Resort! As part of Limited Time Magic, enjoy this special gift with the purchase of a pair ofGlow with the Show Ears! Each comes complete with 2 sets of stickers, one giving a “bon voyage” to 2013, while the other welcomes 2014 with open arms. You won’t want to miss this magical chance to enhance your lightup experience like never before—whether you’re watching along as an actual part of shows like Fantasmic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Wishes Fireworks at Magic Kingdom park, or ringing in the holidays elsewhere in the Disney Parks!
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Disney recently kicked off the super popular Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. This event is free with your paid admission into Epcot. You can enjoy food and beverages around the World Showcase, cooking sessions, and so much more.
- Princess Fairytale Hall - This new location for our favorite Princesses at Magic Kingdom Park opened last week. This is a perfect spot to see Cinderella, Rapunzel, and other Disney Princesses.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - This popular special events for families is running throughout September and October at Magic Kingdom Park. This event runs from 7 PMmidnight. This is the perfect special event for Halloween fun!
Disney World Renovations -Learn about the latest renovations at Disney World, before you plan your trip or before you head down for your vacation.
- Peter Pan Closed 09/30/13 11/13/13
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground 09/03/13 - 11/19/13
- Lights, Motors, Action 11/18/13 - 11/22/13
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort
- End Zone Food Court Closed 08/05/13 12/20/13
- Arcade Closed 07/29/13 12/20/13
Disney’s Polynesian Resort - 9/9/13 - TBD
- Beach & Sunset Point Access to the east portion of the beach, near the Transportation and Ticket Center, and Sunset Point will be unavailable due to a scheduled refurbishment. However, all other amenities will not be affected. Some rooms in certain room categories in impacted buildings have been taken off the market during the renovation period.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Villas Hidden Springs Pool & Spa - 10/14/13 - 11/15/13
Downtown Disney® Area
- Capt’n Jacks - Closed 08/18/13 - TBD
Disney Golf Courses
- Disney’s Palm Golf Course - Closed 06/12/13 - mid-November
Universal Orlando Resort
- Halloween Horror Nights - If you love zombies, Halloween Horror Night is the special event for you! This event runs select evenings through October. For this special event, separate admission is required. You can enjoy themed haunted houses, scare zones, your favorite Universal Studios rides, and much more.
- Despicable Me - Do your kids love the Minions? You can now book one of 18 themed rooms at Portofino Bay Hotel (opening on October 1) with the Despicable Me theme.
Disneyland in California
- New! Sway to the Tomb of the Cadaver Dans - Dig up a frighteningly fun time during Halloween week at Disneyland Park where as part of Limited Time Magic, you can uncover the most popular barbershop quartet from beyond the grave—the Cadaver Dans! This fearsome foursome is taking a break from pushing up daisies to harmonize on a ghoulish medley of familiar “tombs.” Come tap your toes—and maybe your pulse too—as the Cadaver Dans entertain grim, grinning ghosts and Guests alike, outside of the Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square. But catch a sighting while you can—they’re only appearing in daylight for a limited time, before they return from whence they came!
- Glow with the Show - Celebrate a magical transition from this year to next with a vibrant set of vinyl ear clings for your Glow with the Show Ears! As part of Limited Time Magic, head to the Disneyland Resort where you can find allnew Ear Hat accoutrements—a special gift with the purchase of a pair of Glow with the Show Ears. Each comes complete with 2 sets of stickers, one giving a “bon voyage” to 2013, while the other welcomes 2014 with open arms. You won’t want to miss this magical chance to enhance your lightup experience like never before—whether you’re watching along as part of the show or ringing in the New Year elsewhere in the Disney Parks!
- Renovations - Click on this pdf to download the latest renovations at Disneyland
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations to Explore, an authorized Disney vacation planner and Universal Orlando authorized travel professional. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request a free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email email@example.com.