Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Disney World in Florida
- Disney MagicBands – Disney is still testing the MagicBands at select resorts.
- New! Tour Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an Ambassador – Take a tour with a Disney Ambassador around this park and select attractions. The tour leaves the park entrance at 9:30 AM and reservations are required. Contact your agent at Destinations in Florida for more details and reservations.
- New! Get Spooky for the Year of the Ear – During your vacation, you can buy fun headbands for popular villains like the Evil Queen, Maleficent, the Queen of Hearts, and Ursula. Get your villain on with these fun ears!
- Transportation from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney – Disney is testing through October 31. They are providing bus transportation (round trip) from Animal Kingdom Theme Park to Downtown Disney. You can then take a bus from Downtown Disney back to your resort or back to the Animal Kingdom parking lot.
- New! Princess Fairytale Hall – This new location for our favorite Princesses at Magic Kingdom Park will be opened today, September 18.
- Magical Dining – This month kicks off the Orlando CVB Magical Dining Month. You can choose from a list of restaurants where you can enjoy a 3-course meal at a fantastic price. For example, Todd English’s bluezoo is only $33 per person for a 3-course meals at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – This popular special events for families is running throughout September and October at Magic Kingdom Park. This event runs from 7 PM-midnight. Contact your agent at Destinations in Florida for more details and reservations.
Renovations – Learn about the latest renovations at Disney World, before you plan your trip or before you head down for your vacation.
- Jungle Cruise – Closed 08/19/13 – 09/30/13
- Peter Pan – Closed 09/30/13 – 11/13/13
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Closed 09/30/13 – 10/20/13
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground – 09/03/13 – 11/19/13
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort
- End Zone Food Court – Closed 08/05/13 – 12/20/13
- Arcade – Closed 07/29/13 – 12/20/13
Downtown Disney® Area
- Capt’n Jacks – Closed 08/18/13 – TBD
Disney Golf Courses
- Disney’s Palm Golf Course – Closed 06/12/13 – mid-November
Universal Orlando Resort
- Despicable Me – Do your kids love the Minions? You can now book one of 18 themed rooms at Portofino Bay Hotel (opening on October 1) with the Despicable Me theme. Contact your agent at Destinations in Florida for more details and reservations.
Disneyland in California
- Resort Pool Parties – Now through the end of September, guests staying at the hotels of the Disneyland hotels can enjoy a little extra summertime magic with special pool parties each day! These one-hour pool parties are a chance for the whole family to get together to enjoy games, music and dancing. Check with your resort at check in for the latest pool party times.
- New! Set Out on a “World’s Fair” Tour with a Disney Ambassador – Learn about the park history on this one hour tour, held daily with a Disney Ambassador. Reservations are required for is free tour. Contact your agent at Destinations in Florida for more details and reservations.
- Renovations – Click on this pdf to download the latest renovations at Disneyland.
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, an authorized Disney vacation planner. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request a free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org!