From the Universal Orlando Resort Blog:
There are too many must-do experiences at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter that simply can’t be covered in a brief blog post. It’s one of those things in life that you truly have to immerse yourself in and experience for yourself.
There is so much to see and do that we have highlighted the top 14 must-do Harry Potter experiences for you to enjoy on your next visit to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando.
And trust me, if you’re anything like me, you’ve been dreaming of these must-do experiences since you first read the book!
1. Entering Diagon Alley.
There is something about that moment you first step foot into Diagon Alley and stand there in awe at something that can only truly be described as out of this world. When this moment happens, take your time, soak it in, and get your camera ready when you hear the Dragon on top of Gringotts Bank begin to rumble!
2. Have a wand choose you at Ollivanders
Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC. The wand that chose me was a 11″ holly, phoenix feather core, relatively supple.
3. Get fitted with house robes at Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions.
Change out of those Muggle clothes and into some authentic wizardwear.
4. Find a furry—or non furry—creature companion at Magical Menagerie.
Toad, owl, or cat? You can choose whichever you fancy.
5. Stop by Quality Quidditch Supplies to pick up some house gear.
Whether on the field or in the stands, Quality Quidditch Supplies has everything you are looking for including brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, house sweaters, and more!
6. Stock up on pranks at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.
Do you have a mischevious sibling that pranks you every chance they get? Well, you can pick up some pretty great pranks at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes to help even the score.
7 .Exchange your Muggle money for wizarding currency at the Gringotts Money Exchange.
A REAL exchange with a goblin for some Gringotts™ bank notes. Easy enough, right?
8. You know at some point you’ll need to visit the vaults in Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts…
…but be careful, I’ve heard escaping is impossible.
9. Pass through the brick wall to Platform 9 3/4 and board the Hogwarts Express.
Get ready to journey to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts Express! Certainly the ideal way to transport yourself from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade and back again.
10. Honeydukes is a surefire way to cure your sweet tooth!
Honeydukes is an ideal first stop in Hogsmeade. Not sure which colorful sweet to try first? I highly suggest you try the delicious Chocolate Frogs, each box also includes a special card celebrating a famous witch or wizard.
11. Pick up some letter writing supplies at the Owl Post.
Don’t forget to pen your friend back home – they’re sure to appreciate a letter, especially one with a special Hogsmeade postmark!
12. Explore the mysteries of Hogwarts castle as you enter and experience Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
Wander around the halls of the castle like a true Hogwarts student. Look carefully, there may be some hidden gems only a true fan would notice!
13. Missing anything? Head to Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods.
Filch is always sticking his nose in Hogwarts students’ business. But hey, by raiding his confiscated goods you can find some really great items.
14. My ideal way to end a magical day at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter—Butterbeer at Three Broomsticks.
Personally, I love a mug of cold Butterbeer at the end of a long day. Did you know there are 6 Butterbeer treats in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter?