Food can be a big part of any vacation, whether you are looking to try new flavors or just enjoying not having to cook dinner every night! Disney Parks offer much greater variety than just hot dogs and hamburgers for dining options. If you are looking for more nutritious options, check out these healthy dishes at Disneyland Resort for your next visit:
- Carnation Cafe offers a spinach and tomato egg white frittata with a side of fresh fruit for breakfast. They also have a new spinach salad with grilled chicken, boiled eggs, Portobello mushrooms, feta cheese and pickled onions tossed with a golden balsamic-mustard seed dressing.
- Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante features hearty burritos as well as citrus fire-grilled chicken, marinated in cumin, garlic, cilantro, lemon and lime before it hits the fire. You can also add a side of sautéed veggies or beans and rice.
- Blue Bayou offers a taste of Louisiana with the portobello mushroom and couscous macque choux. The mushrooms are marinated in balsamic vinaigrette, then broiled and served with the macque choux, a combo of roasted corn, sweet peppers and couscous with a side of sautéed spinach.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café has a grilled vegetable and whole grain salad with seasonal vegetables, mixed greens, barley, and spelt tossed with basil vinaigrette along with other quick bites.
- Village Haus Restaurant has a high-energy and nutritious meal in a bowl: Apple & Cheddar Salad with chopped red and green apples, Cheddar cheese, fresh greens, Craisins dried cranberries, golden raisins, toasted walnuts and honey-yogurt dressing.
- Disney California Adventure park has a tofu rice bowl at Lucky Fortune Cookery where you can even add a side of edamame or fresh mango slices.
- Disney California Adventure park also offers roasted veggie soft tacos at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill. To make it even healthier, considering adding a dollop of fresh guacamole.
- Paradise Garden Grill features fresh Mediterranean flavors like the lemon oregano chicken or grilled steak with chimichurri sauce (a delicious blend of fresh herbs, garlic and olive oil).
- Wine Country Trattoria offers Broccolini Aglio Olio, a delicious bowl of egg-free pasta with fresh spinach, arugula, tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes and olive oil as well as pan-seared salmon with sautéed fingerling potatoes and yellow and red pear tomatoes with a side of arugula salad and sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure have fruit carts in both full of apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, watermelon, trail mix, coconut water and more!
What are your favorite healthy dishes at Disneyland?
Thanks to the Disney Parks Blog for sharing these delicious dishes with us!
Siera is a Disney travel specialist. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.