There are several reasons why TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D in Universal Studios Florida is one of the best rides at Universal Orlando Resort. The action is non-stop from the moment the ride begins, which is then only elevated by the special effects and 3-D elements. Because of the constant action and story turns, the ride feels like it lasts a long time! Lastly, for fans of the franchise who grew up watching the 1980’s animated television series or the more recent live-action movies, this ride gives you the chance to become a part of the long-lasting war between the Autobots and Decepticons — your classic good versus evil scenario.
Not only did TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D bring a new hit attraction to the parks, it introduced one of the coolest character meet-and-greets. And just check out that giant Optimus Prime statue at the ride entrance! Here’s everything you need to know about one of the must-do rides in Universal Studios.
The battle between the Autobots and Decepticons (two factions of an alien robot species called Transformers) has come to Earth, and you’ve been recruited by the Non-biological Extraterrestrial Species Treaty (N.E.S.T.) to help defend mankind. Your objective: keep the AllSpark — a powerful object capable of creating new life — out of the Decepticon’s possession. Of course, the mission goes haywire as Decepticons descend on the N.E.S.T. base and an explosive battle begins…
As you enter the ride building, you’re entering N.E.S.T. headquarters, where you’ll receive debriefing on your mission from N.E.S.T. and the leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime. Throughout the queue, you’ll encounter the AllSpark fragment that you’re tasked with protecting, as well as other Transformer artifacts and weaponry.
Immediately after boarding your ride vehicle, which happens to be your Autobot partner Evac, you encounter your first Decepticon stealing the AllSpark until Bumblebee intervenes… but you’re not in the clear yet. Decepticons surround you at every turn as Evac attempts to evade the onslaught from Bonecrusher, Starscream, and more. During the struggle, you find yourself in the middle of Optimus Prime battling the evil Megatron. Do you and the Autobots defeat the Decepticons? I’ll leave that for you to discover.
The ride experience is motion simulation based with a ride vehicle that moves along a track (NOT a roller coaster) and combines 3-D visual and 4-D physical effects. The Transformers will appear larger-than-life with your 3-D glasses on, and you’ll feel the raging effects of battle around you like strong winds and heat.
– Minimum height requirement of 40″ (101.6 cm) to ride
– Universal Express Pass is accepted
– You can take your bags on this ride (woot!)
– Child Swap is available upon request
MEET THE TRANSFORMERS
Whenever my friends or family come to the parks for vacation, one of my favorite things I tell them they have to do is meet the TRANSFORMERS characters. I remember the first time I stood next to them — I was in awe (and still am to this day)of how big and incredibly detailed they were, a feeling which only grew when next thing I knew they spoke to me!
You can meet three TRANSFORMERS daily right next to the ride building, kiddy-corner from the Supply Vault store. Optimus Prime (leader of the Autobots), Bumblebee (spunky Autobot lieutenant), and Megatron (leader of the Decepticons).
Download the Universal Orlando Resort App to see the daily meet-and-greet times for the TRANSFORMERS.
You’ll need to gear up on N.E.S.T. essentials now that you’ve been recruited to join the battle. Stop by the Supply Vault store (near the exit of the ride) for all things TRANSFORMERS merchandise.
- Deck yourself out in N.E.S.T. T-shirts, cadet hats, and bags, or show your support for either Autobots or Decepticons with themed apparel, car decals, magnets, mugs, and more.
- We can’t talk TRANSFORMERS without mentioning the toys and collectibles (which for some of us are the same thing).
Check out more TRANSFORMERS merchandise before your trip on our online merch store.
- The Orlando ride is the third installation of the TRANSFORMERS ride at a Universal theme park, the first is at Universal Studios Singapore and the second at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Evac, the Transformer who is your ride vehicle, was created and designed exclusively for the Universal ride.
- During the ride, see if you can spot the famous yellow Volkswagen Beetle that was Bumblebee’s alter ego in the original comic and TV series.
- Besides Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Megatron, there are 13 other Autobots and Decepticons you encounter throughout the ride.
- When working with big transforming robots, everything is going to be giant in scale. The ride is no exception with 34 custom built screens that tower at heights of over 80 feet tall.
Are you ready to keep the AllSpark safe? Autobots, roll out!
Thanks Universal Orlando Resort Blog!