(Photo: Universal Orlando Resort Blog)
It can make such a difference in the lives of you and your loved ones to take a break, have some fun, and make memories. But we all know that going on vacation can also be expensive, so you want to do it right. Feeling good about the time, money, and effort you put in is important.
Before heading on your Universal Orlando Resort adventure, we’ve got some insider tips to help you choose which Universal Orlando vacation upgrades are the best value.
1. Park-to-Park Tickets: You might think you can do one park at a time, but upgrading your tickets will be the best thing you do all vacation. For $55 more per day, you can have the flexibility to roam all three Universal Orlando theme parks whenever you’d like, making planning so much easier. Not to mention, the only way to board the Hogwarts Express and journey between the two lands of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is with a Park-to-Park ticket.
2. Hotels that Offer Free Express Passes: For perhaps the most surprising value at Universal Orlando, turn to our Premier hotels. They might cost a bit more than the Preferred and Prime Value hotels, but Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, and Hard Rock Hotel all offer free Universal Express Unlimited. This benefit lets you skip the regular lines at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. You can save up to $129.99 per person and get more time to ride your favorite attractions.
3. My Universal Photos Package: My Universal Photos lets you focus on having fun—we’ll document the memories for you. A one-day pass is $69.99, but you get unlimited digital downloads of photos from your rides and character meet-and-greets. This is especially valuable if you have little ones and don’t want to deal with the hassle of digging out your phone and missing that special moment. And on-ride photos are normally $19.95, so if you plan to go home with more than a couple of those, this package will help.
4. Volcano Bay Premium Seating: If you don’t want to spring for an entire cabana at Volcano Bay, a great option is Premium Seating. Beach chairs can go fast and lockers cost money. But with this upgrade, you get a pair of reserved padded loungers with an adjustable shade canopy and a built-in storage lockbox for only $29.99. Plus, you can enjoy the services of an area attendant who’ll see to your food and drink orders, delivering them right to your seats. It is so worth it to make your chill day the chillest.
5. Refillable Cups and Buckets: Drink water or soda all day long when you purchase a refillable Coca-Cola freestyle cup. Machines are located throughout the parks, and for $14.99, you’ll never go thirsty in the Florida heat. You can also keep the snacking going when you purchase a $5.99 popcorn bucket with the option of $1.29 refills. Just ask for either at the nearest beverage counter, quick service restaurant, or full-service restaurant.
6. Shutterbutton’s DVD Photo Album: You should definitely consider the Shutterbutton’s experience in Diagon Alley if you’ve got fans of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in your party. You’ll be guided through 12 scenes taken from iconic locations, you’ll choose your outfits, and after a bit of acting, you’ll create a portrait of yourself that actually moves. DVD photo albums are an amazing keepsake! The whole afternoon will be memorable enough to warrant the cost.
7. Blue Man Group Tickets: When it comes to entertainment, you can’t get much better than this fusion of comedy, theater, rock concert, and dance party. It’s a Broadway-caliber production right here at Universal Orlando. With tickets starting at $60 for adults, you won’t regret spending a night taking in a show you won’t forget.
8. Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Cabana Rentals: When it’s time to take a break from the parks, cabana rentals can be a great option for groups staying at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. Up to six people can enjoy amenities like an LCD TV, an in-house telephone to order delivery pizza, an armoire, table, cushioned lounge chairs, and a refrigerator. You can spend a full day recharging with everything your family will need within arms reach. Prices may vary, but they start around $50/day.
Thanks Universal Orlando Resort Blog!