The Universal Orlando Resort opened the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure back in 2010. This area allowed you to visit Hogsmeade and step into Harry Potter’s adventure for the first time. Now with the opening of Diagon Alley at Universal Studios this summer, you will be able to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter like never before. You can travel between Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade via Hogwarts Express with a park to park ticket.
Here is an overview of the exciting additions to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that can only be found in Diagon Alley!
- Diagon Alley- Visit Ollivanders to see a wand choose a wizard or Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes to choose an assortment of magical jokes. You can dine at Leaky Cauldron or try a treat from Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour. You will also find the goblin-run Gringotts bank at the far end, home to Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
- Knockturn Alley- A gloomy back street just off Diagon Alley, Knockturn Alley offers everything practitioners of the Dark Arts could need. If you are brave enough to venture here, you will find shops and storefronts for Dark Magic, including Borgin and Burkes.
- King’s Cross- You can climb aboard the Hogwarts Express here and travel between Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade with a park to park ticket. You can enjoy views of London as well as characters and creatures from the Harry Potter films.
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts- This multi-dimensional thrill ride will be an experience unlike any other. Your journey will take you deep underground and put you right in the middle of the action. Plus, you just might see Harry, Ron, and Hermoine along the way.
- Borgin and Burkes- This is Knockturn Alley’s most infamous shop, with a variety of Dark Objects available.
- Madam Malkin’s- You will find every piece of wizardwear you can imagine here along with other apparel and jewelry inspired by the four school houses.
- Ollivanders- As makers of fine wands since 382 B.C., this is the premier wand shop. You will be able to watch how a wand chooses a wizard and even purchase your own wand.
- Quality Quidditch Supplies- Here you will find everything you could need to play the most popular sport in the wizarding world. There will be both apparel and equipment so you can show your support for your favorite team.
- Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes- This colorful three-story shop will be home to an array of novelty items, magical jokes, and toys that are sure to please and amaze the mischievous child in all of us.
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment- You can pick up your wizarding essentials here with a variety of wizarding wares and supplies such as telescopes, binoculars, magnifying glasses, and hour glasses as well as unique apparel and accessories from your favorite Hogwarts house.
Food and Beverage:
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour- You can indulge your sweet side with unique frozen treats like strawberry and peanut butter ice cream.
- Leaky Cauldron- You can satisfy your appetite at this popular gathering place for witches and wizards. You will enjoy delicious pub fare such as fish and chips, bangers and mash, cottage pie as well as classic drinks including Butterbeer and pumpkin juice.
Who wants to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Diagon Alley when it opens?
Plan a Universal Orlando vacation with us and enjoy a FREE butterbeer on us!
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, the Universal Orlando Travel Agency Partner of the Year in 2010, 2011, and 2012! Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email email@example.com for more information.