From the Disney Parks Blog:
Walt Disney World Resort is home to two amazing water parks, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, each with unique storytelling all their own! There is a lot of fun stuff to see and do at the Disney World water parks, so you may need some tips to help you get the most out of your visit. Follow these tips and you’ll leave the Disney World water parks relaxed and filled with enough memories to last you a lifetime.
Here are fourteen tips for visiting Disney World Water Parks!
1. Choose a Family Meeting Spot – If you’re spending the day with a group, it is always a good idea to choose a meeting spot or home base that everyone in your party can go back to throughout the day. Some of my favorite meeting spots include the Beachcomber Shacks and Getaway Glen Umbrellas at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and the Polar Patios and Lodge Umbrellas at Disney’s Blizzard Beach. You can reserve any of these spaces by calling (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529.
2. Stay Hydrated – At Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, there is beautiful weather almost all year long! Whether it’s summer or fall, it’s important to stay hydrated and drink lots of water. The Disney World water parks offer special refillable mugs for purchase that let you quench your thirst at any drink station throughout your day.
3. Eat ALL the Food – Both Disney’s Blizzard Beach and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon have some seriously delicious menu items that you won’t want to miss. From chocolate-dipped key lime pie and guacamole flights to plant-based bratwurst sandwiches, there is something for everyone. Adults can also enjoy specialty drinks, beer and wine. My top picks? The Fish Tacos from Typhoon Tilly’s at Typhoon Lagoon, the Blizzard Burger from Lottawatta Lodge at Blizzard Beach and the mini donuts, which are available at both parks!
4. Pack Light – Packing up a beach bag with all the essentials can be a hassle, especially when you are visiting from out of state. One of the things guests love about the Disney World water parks is that you can rent towels and umbrellas for the day. That means less bulky items to carry and less laundry when you get back home – it’s a win-win! Pro tip: Walt Disney World Resort guests receive complimentary towels at the water parks.
5. Plan A Visit That Compliments Your Vacation Itinerary – The Disney World water parks make a great addition to any Disney vacation and can easily fit into your busy itinerary. Plan a full day at the water parks or visit for a few hours- the choice is yours! Personally, I love spending a full day at one of our water parks and ending the night at Disney Springs!
6. Use the Walt Disney World Bus Service – Staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel? Make sure to take advantage of the Walt Disney World Bus Service, a convenient and complementary way to get to and from the Disney World water parks. If you plan on driving yourself, there is complimentary parking.
7. Worry Less About Taking The Perfect Picture – Have you heard of Disney PhotoPass? Helping you capture professional photos of your vacation, Disney PhotoPass photographers let you focus on having fun and worry less about getting the perfect shot. If you do decide to take your own pictures, I recommend purchasing a waterproof bag to protect your phone and easily carry it around the park. You can find waterproof bags in Singapore Sal’s at Typhoon Lagoon and Beach Haus at Blizzard Beach. Make sure to share all your Disney Water Parks pictures using the hashtags, #DisneyWaterParks, #TyphoonLagoon and #BlizzardBeach.
8. Save With the Park Hopper Plus Ticket Option – In my option, the Park Hopper Plus Option is a MUST when planning a Walt Disney World Resort vacation. In addition to admission to multiple Disney theme parks in one day, the Park Hopper Plus Option also includes a visit to other iconic Disney venues such as both Disney World water parks and both miniature golf courses! It’s a great value, especially if you’re trying to see and do it all while you’re here.
9. Learn To Surf at Typhoon Lagoon – If you have ever wanted to learn how to surf or you are an experienced surfer who wants to catch some waves while you’re on vacation, make sure to go to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon one morning. That’s where you can participate in surfing programs in state-of-the-art wave pool that creates the perfect wave every time and offers the perfect venue for surfing, no matter what your skill level. The best part? Classes take place before the park opens!
10. Wear Lots of Sunscreen – When you’re having fun, it’s easy to forget to put on sunscreen. Make sure to apply it multiple times throughout the day and spend time in the shade to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. You can purchase sunscreen in Singapore Sal’s at Typhoon Lagoon or Beach Haus at Blizzard Beach.
11. Meet Your Favorite Characters – The four theme parks aren’t the only places to meet your favorite Disney characters. You can spend time with Goofy at Disney’s Blizzard Beach or Lilo and Stich at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon during your next visit to the Disney World water parks.
12. Annual Pass – The Disney World Water Parks Annual Pass includes a year of admission to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach and an endless amount of fun! If you plan on going to the Disney World Water Parks more than once in one year, you’ll definitely want to check this out.
13. Unplug From the Real World – The Disney World Water Parks make it easy for you to unplug and focus your attention on enjoying the moment and spending time with your friends and loved ones. If you like, you can easily rent a locker to securely keep all of your electronic devices out of mind and out of sight. A day of relaxation and fun awaits you!
14. Dress the Part – Part of the fun of visiting Walt Disney World Resort is the chance to incorporate your favorite Disney characters into your personal style. From towels and swimwear to clothing and thoughtful souvenirs, Blizzard Beach’s Beach Haus and Typhoon Lagoon’ Singapore Sal’s have everything you need for a Disney-inspired fashion moment at our water parks.
Bonus: If you’re visiting during the summer, be sure to consider H2O Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon. This special ticket event offers exclusive nighttime fun at the water park.
What are your favorite tips and ways to enjoy the Disney World water parks?