Here is What’s New Around the Mouse for the end of September 2013!
Disney World in Florida
- New! Pirates Take Over Magic Kingdom – If you love pirates, this is the week to visit Magic Kingdom Park! You can see the band of pirates, including Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Pirate Goofy. There is even a pirate pre-show for “Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade”. Join in on the pirate fun until September 29.
- New! Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – This week kicked off the super popular Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. This event is free with your paid admission into Epcot. You can enjoy food and beverages around the World Showcase, cooking sessions, and so much more. There is even a concert called Eat to the Beat with the Go-Go’s through October 1.
- New! Sofia the 1st at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – If you have a little princess that is a fan of Sofia the 1st, you can now get a makeover at Downtown Disney inspired by her. Be sure to make reservations for this experience.
- Transportation from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney – Disney is testing through October 31. They are providing bus transportation (round trip) from Animal Kingdom Theme Park to Downtown Disney. You can then take a bus from Downtown Disney back to your resort or back to the Animal Kingdom parking lot.
- Disney MagicBands – Disney is still testing the MagicBands at select resorts.
- Princess Fairytale Hall – This new location for our favorite Princesses at Magic Kingdom Park opened last week. This is a perfect spot to see Cinderella, Rapunzel, and other Disney Princesses.
- Magical Dining – This month kicks off the Orlando CVB Magical Dining Month. You can choose from a list of restaurants where you can enjoy a 3-course meal at a fantastic price. For example, Todd English’s bluezoo is only $33 per person for a 3-course meals at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – This popular special events for families is running throughout September and October at Magic Kingdom Park. This event runs from 7 PM-midnight.
Renovations – Learn about the latest renovations at Disney World, before you plan your trip or before you head down for your vacation.
- Jungle Cruise – Closed 08/19/13 – 09/30/13
- Peter Pan – Closed 09/30/13 – 11/13/13
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Closed 09/30/13 – 10/20/13
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground – 09/03/13 – 11/19/13
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort
- End Zone Food Court – Closed 08/05/13 – 12/20/13
- Arcade – Closed 07/29/13 – 12/20/13
Downtown Disney® Area
- Capt’n Jacks – Closed 08/18/13 – TBD
Disney Golf Courses
- Disney’s Palm Golf Course – Closed 06/12/13 – mid-November
Universal Orlando Resort
- New! Halloween Horror Nights – If you love zombies, Halloween Horror Night is the special event for you! This event runs select evenings through October. For this special event, separate admission is required. You can enjoy themed haunted houses, scare zones, your favorite Universal Studios rides, and much more.
- Despicable Me – Do your kids love the Minions? You can now book one of 18 themed rooms at Portofino Bay Hotel (opening on October 1) with the Despicable Me theme.
Disneyland in California
- New! Celebrate Pirate’s Week at Disneyland – Make your way to New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park to see your favorite pirate friends, including Captain Jack Sparrow. You can be a recruit to help take over Sailing Ship Columbia or follow your destiny at the Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer’s Island. This runs through September 29 at Disneyland.
- Renovations – Click on this pdf to download the latest renovations at Disneyland.