There’s some extra magic and pixie dust coming aboard the Disney Magic when the Disney Cruise Line ship relaunches this fall with new spaces. Here are some highlights you can look forward to on the renovated ship:
Disney, Disney-Pixar, and Marvel Characters Join the Fun
Disney’s Oceaneer Club, open to 3- to 12-year-old children, is a completely reimagined area that transports children to magical realms.
- Marvel’s Avengers Academy features fun new experiences with Marvel characters – the first time Super Hero icons from the Marvel Universe have been introduced on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
- Other new spaces include: Andy’s Room, Pixie Hollow and the Mickey Mouse Club.
Disney’s Oceaneer Lab is a new pirate-themed area, for 3-to-12-year-old children. And, for the youngest cruisers – ages 3 months to 3 years – there’s a new It’s a Small World Nursery.
New Water Play Areas
The upper ship decks have been redesigned for plenty of splashtacular fun, including:
- Water thrills on the AquaDunk, a three-story body slide that begins with a surprise launch. A near-vertical drop will send you on an exhilarating ride in a translucent tube that extends 20 feet over the side of the ship
- AquaLab is an interactive water playground open to kids ages 3 and up. And, also on deck, they can get drenched on the Twist n’ Spout water slide
- Little ones up to age 3 can play in the new Nephews’ Splash Zone, offering pop jets and squirting figures of Donald Duck’s nephews
Reinvented Dining Spaces
New restaurants and new technology are on the menu for the restaurants aboard Disney Magic.
- Animator’s Palate will be updated with all-new, animation-adorned walls, larger high-definition flat-screens, as well as the addition of the popular “Animation Magic” dinner show (currently found on the Disney Fantasy)
- The vibrancy of Rio de Janeiro creates an energetic atmosphere in Carioca’s, a new restaurant where, during the day, there’s a festival theme and, when night falls, the atmosphere transforms into an after-hours city scene with softly illuminated lanterns flickering overhead
- Cabanas is an expanded casual dining experience themed to the Australian setting of the Disney-Pixar animated classic “Finding Nemo”
New Nighttime Fun
The Disney Magic will offer big city-style fun in After Hours, the nighttime adult entertainment district, an all-new lineup of clubs including venues for dancing, comedy, music and variety shows
- Fathoms night club is a celebration of the sea that utilizes special effects, lighting, and sound to create different atmospheres from early evening to night
- A low-key nighttime experience can be found at Keys piano bar and lounge
- Pub days of olde are recalled in O’Gills, an Irish pub and sports bar
The renovated Disney Magic will also offer expanded spa options in an unmatched ocean-view environment, including an all-new Chill Spa for tweens, family fun in the new D Lounge, a majestic lobby makeover, and more!