Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a qualifying purchase, I will receive a small commission from those purchases.
Disney has recently announced another change coming to Downtown Disney as part of the Disney Springs transformation. A new merchandise location, Marketplace Co Op, is coming to the Downtown Disney Marketplace next spring. The Merchandise Co Op will replace Team Mickey, which can be found to TrenD in the Marketplace. Marketplace Co Op will be a “shop with shops within it,” highlighting new and innovative Disney retail concepts.
“This public marketplace will serve as a laboratory to showcase new concepts and specialty products,” according to Tom Sheldon, manager of retail design and development for Disney Theme Park Merchandise. “It will be an incubator to introduce exciting new Disney retail shops and products.”
The Marketplace Co Op’s six new areas will include:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Centerpiece – Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles – A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.
Construction for the new Marketplace Co Op will begin in early 2014. Thanks to the Disney Parks Blog for the update!
Siera is a Disney travel specialist and would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.