(Photo: Disney Parks Blog)
The “biggest little star in the galaxy” has been entertaining guests at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park since 1995. Guests can catch his 27-minute set of tunes – and wisecracks – multiple times a day while they dine.
Here are five fun facts about the one and only Sonny Eclipse:
1. Sonny’s instrument is an Astro-Organ – The “out-of-this world” instrument he uses for accompaniment is a glowing keyboard-like creation called an Astro-Organ.
2. His hometown is Yew Nork City on Planet Zork – Sonny describes his hometown as a “topsy-turvy town where the subways are up and the streets are down.”
3. Sonny’s repertoire features only original songs – Sonny’s set includes eight original songs, including “Planetary Boogie,” “Bright Little Star,” “Space Angels” “Gravity Blues” and more. The songs were co-created by Walt Disney Imagineering and composer George Wilkens, who had previously written and arranged music for the Food Rocks attraction at Epcot and the “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience” pre-show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
4. Sonny loves jokes – Sonny incorporates many jokes into his act – the cornier the better! (“You know, I recently heard the universe was expanding. Guess it’s time to loosen the asteroid belt!”).
5. Sonny has three backup singers – Sonny is backed by an invisible trio known as the Space Angels.
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Contact Siera today at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 734-771-1290 for more information or your free, no obligation quote.