This holiday season, you can give a gift that’s both “nautical and nice:” a cruise on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy, all of which will be decked with holiday cheer. Beginning in late November, Disney Cruise Line will add sparkle to all four ships during Very Merrytime Cruises, complete with traditional “turkey day” fanfare, Christmas feasts, “snow flurries,” and even New Year’s Eve galas. However, the very best part just might be relaxing in the sunshine instead of shoveling snow!
With Disney Cruise Line’s Very Merrytime cruises, there will be special stem-to-stern holiday events including:
- “King Triton’s Tree Lighting Ceremony” in the atrium lobby on the first night of the cruise, where a young guest will help Disney characters light the glittering, three-deck-tall tree.
- Family holiday activities including building gingerbread houses and meeting Santa Claus.
- Youth holiday crafts such as decorating stockings and gingerbread men cookies, making holiday cards and creating holiday animation cells.
- Holiday storytellers sharing tales of Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, plus a story just for Disney Cruise Line guests about the magical feeling of the holidays on a ship.
- “Deck the Deck Holiday Party,” a tropical celebration with Disney friends leading games such as hula hooping and limbo under oversized candy canes, along with dances for the whole family like the “Yuletide Slide” and a conga line around the pool.
- “Til We Meet Again” features a special holiday edition of Disney Cruise Line’s cheerful farewell on the final night of each cruise with beloved Disney characters and the ship’s crew in an engaging musical finale led by Mickey Mouse.
If you will be onboard on Thanksgiving Day, you can enjoy a plentiful Thanksgiving Day feast, visits from Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse dressed in traditional Thanksgiving attire, and a special turkey towel animal in your stateroom. You won’t even miss the big NFL football games since they will be broadcast live on the ships’ outdoor, jumbo LED screen—Funnel Vision—located near the family pool.
Santa Claus and his elves will have a surprise for all the kids on Christmas morning at the atrium lobby tree. Guests will also enjoy caroling from the crew choir and a special musical performance from the children. A traditional Christmas Dinner will then be served that evening in the dining rooms.
You can still participate in religious services while onboard, too. Christmas services will be held on Christmas Day with a midnight mass on Christmas Eve. Hanukkah services will be held each day, December 16 to December 24.
When each ship stops at Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, during the holidays, the celebration will continue with “snow flurries,” a decked-out Christmas tree, Disney character meet-and-greets, and even holiday island music.
If you would like to add an extra sprinkle of holiday joy, mini Christmas trees decorated with ornaments, red berries, mini carnations and a bow topper, as well as special holiday-themed gift packages and treat baskets, are available for purchase prior to the voyages for stateroom delivery. Plus, during the holiday cruises, Disney Cruise Line’s holiday merchandise collection, along with the ever-popular Disney Cruise Line ornaments, will be available onboard in the gift shops.
If you would like ring in 2015 in style, Disney Cruise Line voyages will include a special New Year’s Eve party, featuring music, sparkling wine in commemorative flutes, and a midnight countdown.
You can celebrate the holidays with Disney Cruise Line on the following sailings:
- Disney Magic: seven-night Western Caribbean cruises departing November 23 to December 28
- Disney Wonder: four- and five-night Bahamian and Caribbean cruises departing November 23 to December 30
- Disney Dream: three- and four-night Bahamian cruises departing November 24 to December 29
- Disney Fantasy: seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruises departing November 22 to December 27
Is your family planning to enjoy a Very Merrytime Cruise this holiday season with Disney Cruise Line?
Siera is a Disney travel specialist. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Request your free, no obligation quote on the right side of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.