2016 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
The 2016 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival has expanded to cover 90 days from March 2 through May 30, 2016. From topiaries scattered throughout the park to outdoor kitchens and concerts, there is something for everyone to enjoy at this annual festival.
The 2016 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is welcoming two new Outdoor Kitchens, La Isla Fresca and Cider House.
La Isla Fresca will take guests to the Caribbean for authentic bites such as Jamaican braised beef with pigeon peas and rice; spicy jerk chicken or grouper with mango salsa and a Tres Leches cake with guava puree (the traditional meringue is replaced with whipped cream in this version). You can pair either of the savories with a Red Stripe Jamaican-style lager, or frozen Simply Tropical juice drink (with or without rum).
The Cider House offers a spin on tastes from the United Kingdom, including a field greens salad with greens harvested from The Land Pavilion, heirloom apples, Stilton cheese and dried blueberries; and a pear cider-brined shredded corned beef, braised cabbage and pears with Branston (a British food brand) dressing. The Cider House will offer four hard ciders, including a blueberry ciders made in Plant City, Fla., plus Cigar City Tampa-Style Lager.
The 11 other Outdoor Kitchens include Urban Farm Eats (new seared pork tenderloin), Pineapple Promenade , Fleur de Lys, Florida Fresh, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews (the pulled pig slider gets crispy onions on top), Primavera Kitchen, Lotus House, Bauernmarkt (German currywurst sausage is new this year) and Jardin de Fiestas.
You’ll be wowed (as always) by the colorful extravaganza put on by the Disney horticulture team – whimsical topiaries, 220 “floating gardens” in the lagoon and a new edible flower garden next to The Land Pavilion. It’s all beautiful at night, with twinkling lights shining across the gardens.
April 29-May 1 will be Florida Fresh Weekend, featuring the state’s edible bounty from Apalachicola to Zellwood.
As part of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, you can enjoy free concerts in the park every weekend with the Garden Rocks concert series. Here’s the lineup for the 2016 Garden Rocks concert series at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival (subject to change without notice):
- March 4-6 – The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- March 11-13 – Starship starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- March 18-20 – Little River Band “Reminiscing”
- March 25-27 – Village People “Y.M.C.A.”
- April 1-3 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry the VIII, I Am”
- April 8-10 – The Guess Who “American Woman”
- April 15-17 – NEW! Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice “Spinning Wheel”
- April 22-24 – NEW! Bad Company, former lead singer BRIAN HOWE “Can’t Get Enough”
- April 29-May 1 – NEW! Georgia Satellites “Keep Your Hands to Yourself”
- May 6-8 – Gin Blossoms “Hey Jealousy”
- May 13-15 – NEW! Darlene Love “Wait ‘Til My Bobby Gets Home”
- May 20-22 – Night Ranger “Sister Christian”
- May 27-30 (Monday) – The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
Performances for the 2016 Garden Rocks concert series are at America Gardens Theatre at 5:30, 6:45, and 8 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the Festival and included with park admission.
Are you going to the 2016 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival? It’s not too late to plan your visit! As a reminder, the 2016 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is included with your park admission.
Siera is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida. She would love to help you plan your next vacation at no cost to you. Call her at 734-771-1290 or email her at email@example.com for your free, no obligation quote.