It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Whether you are spending the holidays at home or traveling to be with your loved ones, we have some fun ways to celebrate a Disney Christmas, even if you can’t be at the most magical place on Earth for the holidays. You can make some Disney Christmas recipes, watch Disney Christmas specials and movies, and more.
Disney Christmas Recipes
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Recipe
These rich, fudgy chocolate cookies from the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays are coated with confectioners’ sugar that cracks — or crinkles — when they bake, giving them a snow-capped, wintry look.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar (for coating the cookies)
1. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl until combined; set aside.
2. Add granulated sugar and oil in bowl of stand mixer. Beat on medium-low until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beating on medium-high until combined. Gradually add flour mixture and beat on medium-low speed until combined. (Note: The consistency will be similar to a brownie batter but will firm up with chilling.)
3. Tightly seal bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or up to 24 hours) until dough is completely chilled through and able to be rolled into balls.
4. After dough is completely chilled and ready to be baked, preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Fill small bowl with confectioners’ sugar; set aside.
6. Remove and unwrap dough. Using medium cookie scoop to measure out dough, roll into round balls. Roll dough ball in confectioners’ sugar until completely covered on all sides. Place cookie balls at least 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes – do not overbake. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack, and let them cool until they reach room temperature.
8. Store in sealed container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Peppermint Marshmallow Wand Recipes
Holidays are truly sweet at Marceline’s Confectionery, a delightful candy shop named after the small Missouri town where Walt lived as a boy, located at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort.
The talented candy makers have been busy dipping apples, crisped rice cereal treats, and marshmallows into warm chocolate, with some confections getting a second dip into creamy caramel. The candy makers then artfully embellish with holiday candies to create adorable treats almost too cute to eat!
As a sweet gift to our Disney Parks Blog readers, we asked the candy makers to give us their recipe for Peppermint Marshmallow Wands, an easy (and yummy) holiday recipe the entire family can make and enjoy at home.
Peppermint Marshmallow Wand: Fluffy marshmallows dipped in caramel and dark chocolate covered in crushed peppermint candy.
Peppermint Marshmallow Wands
Downtown Disney District
- 2 (12 ounce) jars hot caramel topping
- 8 large lollipop sticks
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (10-ounce bag) dark melting chocolate
- 1 cup crushed peppermints (15 candy canes, crushed)
- Melt caramel in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Keep warm.
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick in 1 inch of water. Skewer 3 marshmallows onto each stick, starting at the wet end.
- Dip marshmallows into caramel, gently tapping to remove excess caramel and place on parchment paper. Cool caramel at room temperature for 30 minutes, until caramel is set.
- Melt dark chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat. Keep warm.
- Place crushed peppermint in shallow bowl.
- Dip caramel-coated marshmallows into melted dark chocolate, gently tapping to remove excess chocolate. Gently roll wand in crushed peppermint; place on clean parchment paper. Repeat for all wands.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, until chocolate is set.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Watch Disney Christmas Specials
Magical Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade
ABC and Disney Parks will bring the magic of the holiday season into our homes with holiday specials hosted from the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California! Derek and Julianne Hough will host the “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade,” from Walt Disney World Resort, alongside Freeform’s Trevor Jackson (“grown-ish”) and Sherry Cola (“Good Trouble”) from the Disneyland Resort, Saturday, Dec. 25, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. ET/PT. Be sure to mark your calendars to watch on ABC and stream the next day on Hulu.
Decorating Disney: Holiday Magic
The Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resorts truly turn into winter wonderlands when the theme parks and resorts are decorated for the holidays. Larger-than-life themed Christmas trees, miles of lights, garland and wreaths really bring the spirit of the season alive for guests visiting this time of year.
Want to take a peek behind the scenes to see how the magic is made? “Decorating Disney: Holiday Magic,” hosted by Whoopi Goldberg, is available anytime on Disney+. With special co-hosts Disney Channel’s “Descendants” star Sofia Carson and “Dancing with the Stars” winner Jordan Fisher, the festive one-hour event will reveal how the holiday magic comes alive at the Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resorts.
One of my daughter’s favorite Christmas movies is Noelle, the Disney+ holiday film. In the Disney+ holiday comedy “Noelle,” Kris Kringle’s daughter is full of Christmas spirit and holiday fun, but wishes she could do something “important” like her beloved brother Nick, who will take over for their father this Christmas. When Nick is about to crumble like a gingerbread cookie from all the pressure, Noelle suggests he take a break and get away but when he doesn’t return, Noelle must find her brother and bring him back in time to save Christmas.
Make Disney Inspired Gingerbread Houses or Creations
One of my favorite holiday decorations is the incredible gingerbread displays throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. From the life size gingerbread house inside the lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa to the spinning gingerbread carousel at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, there are so many amazing displays to inspire your family’s creation!
Disney Christmas Shopping
You can add a little Disney Christmas to your home with decorations, gifts and more. We have created a 2021 holiday gift guide for the Disney fan in your life or 25 Disney gifts under $25 to help make your shopping this year a little easier!
Disney Christmas Crafts and Printables
Gingerbread Mickey Ornaments
With this Gingerbread Mickey template from the Disney Parks Blog, puffy paint and a few other materials, you are on your way to making an ornament that will make even Scrooge smile! Leslie Brignac, the mom behind Minnie Van Mom, is the creator of this holiday keepsake that will no doubt become a family treasure. Inspired by her daughter’s Disney themed tree, this can be created at home in six easy steps!
Create a Disney Christmas Wreath
Disney Christmas Holiday Playlist
You can download the Disney Christmas Holiday Playlist to rock out to some Disney inspired holiday tunes. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
Do you plan to have a Disney Christmas at home this year?